That Mitchell And Webb Look - Series 3 Page 2

The general murmurings from those in the know seem to all generally suggest that Series 3 is better than Series 2... I thought Series 2 was ace (not as good as S1 admittedly, but still excellent)... so if this is true I've got a very happy six weeks ahead of me.

I'm definitely looking forward to it and good on the lads for continuing on radio as well as telly.

Quote: Mark @ June 11 2009, 1:58 AM BST

so if this is true I've got a very happy six weeks ahead of me.

Unless you're diagnosed with testicular cancer. That'll take the shine off Mitchell and Webb.

Good opening show. Getting a bit fed-up of the "lazy writers" parodies, to be honest though. For me, the best sketches were the brain surgeon and the Victorian values ones.

Quote: Tim Walker @ June 12 2009, 1:04 AM BST

Good opening show. Getting a bit fed-up of the "lazy writers" parodies, to be honest though. For me, the best sketches were the brain surgeon and the Victorian values ones.

The Brain surgeon one was ace, even though as soon as he said it first time I knew someone else at the party was going to be a rocket scientist. It was still very funny when it happened though.

Enjoyable, with a lot of good sketches. The Brain Surgeon one was funny, and the Queen Victoria one. Hopefully it'll maintain the standard throughout the series.

First episode, some hits, quite a few misses. Aside from the aforementioned brain surgery sketch, I really enjoyed the deconstruction of 'The Apprentice' and the Mitchell and Webb action figures.

I don't want to sound like a girl but, hasn't Mitchell lost a lot of weight, he's so much skinnier, did you see him in the scuba suit?, etc.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ June 12 2009, 11:17 AM BST

I don't want to sound like a girl but, hasn't Mitchell lost a lot of weight, he's so much skinnier, did you see him in the scuba suit?, etc.

You sound like a girl. :)

Yes I take it you missed the article about him recently where he said he started walking to help with his back problem and the weight came off. Allegedly.

I enjoyed some of the sketches too - including irate Victorian man - and thought it was better than previous series (is that the plural of series!?).

I still think I preferred the radio show though, which we saw recorded the other day (and yes he looked quite trim RC). Does anyone know when that's being aired? Or is it part of the red button experience of the TV programme?

Thanks

Jx

Edited by Aaron.

About as good as I remember the previous series.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ June 12 2009, 11:17 AM BST

s'OK, you don't sound like a girl, more like a camp and catty homosexual. :)

I loved the "Fatalities" sketch. Also the doorbell one & spies.

Quote: Tim Walker @ June 12 2009, 11:51 AM BST

s'OK, you don't sound like a girl, more like a camp and catty homosexual. :)

That's what I was going for. Phew, glad I didn't sound like a girl.

Quote: Jane P @ June 12 2009, 11:40 AM BST

Does anyone know when that's being aired? Or is it part of the red button experience of the TV program?

Thanks

Jx

There is still one more recording block, this Monday, for the radio show. And it will be broadcast on Radio 4, though I'm not sure when. I would imagine they might wait until the TV series has finished though, so possibly a month or two away. It's nice that they've kept on with the original radio version now that it's on TV as well. :)

Quote: Jane P @ June 12 2009, 11:40 AM BST

Yes I take it you missed the article about him recently where he said he started walking to help with his back problem and the weight came off. Allegedly.

Is that what they're calling diet pills and cosmetic surgery these days - 'walking'?

Some of the sketches do drag the point out a bit. For example, the "how to locate a book" system. A good idea, but very stretched. The The Apprentice deconstruction was funny but rather predictable.