The Inbetweeners - Series 3 Page 5

Quote: Aaron @ December 26 2009, 11:45 PM GMT

Dad's Army.

That's highly "debatable".

The thing for me is, I think it could really work wonderfully because the writing on the show is so good. On the other hand, movies are a different ballgame, especially in terms of marketing and I'm afraid they'll make the film as some sort of British version of Road Trip and these sorts of American low class gross-out teen comedy films.

Oh and my favourite character is a tough choice between Jay and Will. Jay is adorable & hilarious but Will is the kind of utter ponce I can't not love.

I sort of don't see the reason for doing a movie. Just seems a bit odd. I certainly don't watch the show and think, 'By Christ this would make a great film! This really has to be seen on the big screen!!'

Yeah, same here.
Hopefully we will all be pleasantly surprised, though!

Quote: David Carmon @ December 27 2009, 6:18 AM GMT

Did they do a movie version of Bless This House? If they did I'm sure I liked it.

Yes they did. Terry Scott and June Whitfield played the neighbours, and it was filmed just down the road from where I live. And as a massive fan of the show, I didn't think much of it.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ December 27 2009, 1:17 PM GMT

I sort of don't see the reason for doing a movie. Just seems a bit odd. I certainly don't watch the show and think, 'By Christ this would make a great film! This really has to be seen on the big screen!!'

Also. Just seems like a good way to make some more money. If they've a good, long story to tell then what's wrong with an extended special or two-/three-parter?

I too thought the Bless this House movie was poor.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a198135/buckley-hints-at-inbetweeners-end.html

Dan

Quote: Aaron @ December 27 2009, 4:28 PM GMT

Also. Just seems like a good way to make some more money.

There's no guarantee that the Inbetweeners audience will rush out to the cinema to see a film version. See League of Gentleman for more details.

Personally, I tyhink it works as a half an hour show. If they've got a longer story to tell, bleed it out over six episodes. Nevermind bloated specials, which rarely work anyway.

Apparently they started filming series 3 about a week ago - really looking forward to it.

I can't wait either! :)

Quote: Spiceadder @ April 15 2010, 2:51 PM BST

Apparently they started filming series 3 about a week ago - really looking forward to it.

Back on the fifth, I believe. Sounds like it's going quite well.

5th May?

No, they started recording back on the 5th of April. :)

:( I was hoping it would be back in a month or so.

But at least it's filming :)

It might still be. Unlikely, but it might still be. There can be really tight turn arounds on some of these shows.