Terry & June

Having just registered on this site I was a bit disappointed to not find any information on the sitcom Terry & June. Also I'd like to find out more about Terry Scott.

Hi there Sheila. There is a little bit of information here, but it's not too extensive at the moment. We're currently working on expanding the site and holding a lot more information about each show though, so do check back soon and hopefully you'll see something new.

If you've not seen them, both Carry On Line and Wikipedia have a bit of information on Terry Scott.

Hope that helps a bit!

Anyway, what do people think of the show? It has quite a stigma attached to it now, but it was very popular at the time, and personally, I like it. It's not too serious, but not SO stupid that it has literally no basis in reality and no appeal at all.
A good, real example of a family comedy.

2011 update: Our guide to the show can now be found here. https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/terry_and_june/

I quite liked it. I was quite young when it was shown on the BBC though so I can't remember it that clearly but I remember sitting watching it. My Gran loved it lol

HIYA I THINK T&J ARE GREAT, A SITCOM WHICH DOESNT OFFEND AND PROVIDES YOU WITH PLENTY OF GIGGLES.I THINK IT WAS UK DRAMA THAT IT WAS REPEATED ON RECENTLY, I WATCHED THEM ALL AND MY KIDS HAULED THEMSELVES AWAY FROM THE PS2 AND LOOKED FORWARD TO THEM EACH EVENING!!

Yes, it was indeed UKTV Drama. It was there I actually first got to see Terry and June, and have bought the first series on DVD now. :)

Sheila, have you seen the programme "Funny Women" advertised? It's on Sat. at 11pm on BBC2. The listing says, "June Whitfield talks about her success that has visited over five decades of comedy." Might be of interest to you.

Terry and June is excellent, wipes the floor with Blackadder and The Good Life.

::gasp::

I liked it, but...
Blackadder?

I don't think that one can really compare them like that, surely? All three shows, particularly Blackadder, work on completely different levels and have different targets and comedy styles, no?

I would definitely put The Good Life and Terry and June together.
But maybe that's because they go in my watched-them-when-I-was-wee category.

They're certainly a lot more simialr then T&J and Blackadder, but to me at least, they have completely different feelings to them.

Terry and June wipes the floor with Blackadder. I've heard it all now.

Just watching last 2 series lately, still stands up IMO. Hopefully its predecessor Happy Ever After will be released on DVD at some point.

I have fond memories of watching Terry and June, but haven't seen it since I was young and don't really want to. I suspect it has dated very badly, but those cheesy old shows had a charming innocence you just don't get now.

The strange thing was they played Terry and June in Happy Ever After which was canned after a successful run and then they made Terry and June which was the same sit-com with different surnames.