Favourite Father Ted episode Page 3

Quote: maidenpriest @ May 13 2009, 3:15 PM BST

The one where they have to perform mass on a back of a trailer because Dougal's milk float won't stop, that shot of them on the trailor just cracks me up every time:)

Yes, that is hilarious. Speed 3. And easily my favourite too.

'These are small, but the ones out there are far away..'

This gets applied to everything possible in my family- is that your neighbour over there? no, she's right here, she's just small. do you think that dress is too small for me? no, it's just far away

The one where they got a motorised Jack to play football? Even Mrs Doyle got into the lingo...

Tentacles of Doom

where the three bishops turn up to upgrade the holy stone of Clonrichert

"DOUGAL!!! WE ARE NOT WATCHING ALIENS!!!!!!"

The Passion Of Saint Tibulus for me. "Careful now."

Very Tough Question!!!!!

They are all good, okay so maybe 90% of them. All I can do is pick out several clips from various episodes. So, here goes!!!

1) Tapping away at the prize car in 'Think Fast, Father Ted!'
2) Ted glued in fear to the cut off wheel of the Jumbo .. PRICELESS!
3) "Play the feckin note!!!..." in 'A Song for Europe'
4) Ted sitting in the bath, when Father Stone goes for a Poo, LMAO!!!!!

I could go ahn and ahn and ahn and ahn, but I'll stop there, as there are too many clips to mention and enjoyable episodes to include.

Oh, go on then, Father Ted doing his thing at the window with the perfectly black square of dirt in "Are you Right There, Father Ted"

Okay, that's enough, time for a lovely cup of tea.

All the best,
Cal :)

So many favourites, but I have to mention the one with all the rabbits. Apparently it's called The Plague.

I have to agree that Graham Norton shrieking in a caravan is not something I want to watch again.

Quote: Kaytee @ August 18 2011, 8:58 AM BST

I have to agree that Graham Norton shrieking in a caravan is not something I want to watch again.

... nor the scene in the very, VERY dark caves!!!!! .... "see who can scream the loudest"

All the best,
Cal :)

Night of the Nearly Dead.

"You leave me alone. I can have you killed!" - Eoin McLove

Quote: Dave Hedgehog @ October 2 2011, 10:13 PM BST

Night of the Nearly Dead.

"You leave me alone. I can have you killed!" - Eoin McLove

I love Father Ted, but that is certainly one of my favourite episodes.

"I've no willy" :D

Quote: JuliaR @ October 3 2011, 1:06 AM BST

I love Father Ted, but that is certainly one of my favourite episodes.

"I've no willy" :D

"Go away you big pile of dirty old biddy's!" - Eoin McLove

"Go away, I don't want to catch the menopause!" - Eoin McLove

Eoin: "I've a secret!"
Dougal: "Do ya? what is it?"
Eoin: "Not tellin"

Quote: lofthouse @ 10th August 2011, 9:52 PM BST

Tentacles of Doom

where the three bishops turn up to upgrade the holy stone of Clonrichert

"DOUGAL!!! WE ARE NOT WATCHING ALIENS!!!!!!"

Watched this episode and "Think Fast, Father Ted" on More 4 last night. It is one of the few programmes that I can watch several times and still laugh out loud - that is, completely uncontrollably - throughout.

Love them all. :D Can't think of one I would consider so-so.

Loved the Speed episode where Dougal only twigged right at the end that one of his customers on the milk round was "in the nip" and the mobile altar, and Mrs Doyle (plastered in lipstick etc.) explaining to Ted that the milkman wanted to put his big tool in her box.

Kicking Bishop Brennan up the arse, where it was only on the plane going home that he realised what the audacious Ted had done to him.

And to ramble............

The Golden Cleric award, and when Ted bought Mrs Doyle the automatic tea maker, Ted explaining to Dougal that those cows were a long way off, the Christmas special in the lingerie department.....so many..oh and the one that never fails to have me in stitches is when Ted thought it would be a brilliant idea to go up to Richard Wilson (Victor Meldrew) and shout his catchphrase at him - effin' hysterical. Laughing out loud

I'm a bit leftfield, but I really like "New Jack City" from S2. According to the script book it's Linehan and Matthews' least favourite, but Brendan Grace's softly spoken menacing voice is pure genius and the writers credit him for suggesting it. It also contains this Ted/Dougal nighttime exchange:

"Would he be worse than Hitler or something?"
"Oh much worse, Hitler would never play jungle music at 3am in the morning."

Quote: Tim Azure @ 10th August 2011, 11:50 AM BST

The one where they got a motorised Jack to play football? Even Mrs Doyle got into the lingo...

There you go.........yup, another one - the hilarious football match.