The Omid Djalili Show - Series 2

The second series of The Omid Djalili Show kicks off tonight on BBC One with the first of six episodes in the series. Tune in at 10:35pm.

COMEDY: The Omid Djalili Show
On: BBC One
Date: Monday 20th April 2009
Time: 22:35 to 23:05

Stand-up and sketches from award-winning comedian Omid Djalili. Omid talks about what it is to be British, and why Gordon Brown is playing the Lottery. Sketches include Look Eastwards, a new Middle Eastern TV network, a unique take on Henry VIII, and Credit Crunch: The Opera.

I'm hoping that the material will have a little more variety to it than in Series 1, but I think it's a pity that it's not been scheduled for Saturday nights. I was really enjoying having a bit of comedy on again in that timeslot.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/the_omid_djalili_show/

Very enjoyable first episode. Got quite a number of lols from me and a lot of appreciative smiles (that would be an excellent euphemism). Looking forward to episode 2. :)

Judging by the response to this thread, it really set the ratings alight. My opinion: I like his stand up, but the sketches are poor.

I sort of like him, but I'm not interested at all in watching this for some reason.

Not bad but some of those sketches were a little tired and his standup was a tad bombastic. Did like the community sherrif sketch.

N.B. Jimmy Carrbomb how many none Iranian comedians would ahve had their careers ruined by such a joke?

Quote: sootyj @ April 21 2009, 11:52 AM BST

N.B. Jimmy Carrbomb how many none Iranian comedians would ahve had their careers ruined by such a joke?

Actually not that many. True, Omid can do things non-Iranian comedians can't, but I don't think that particular joke was pushing the boundaries.

The stand-up was a little stale/predictable, but I liked the sketches: Odd Recycling; Community Sherrif; Jihad's Army; Credit Crunch The Opera etc made me laugh.

He was on Radio 4 the other night, explaining how he wrote a sketch about a Nigerian traffic warden, simply because he finds the Nigerian accent funny. I think the radio presenter would've had a little more to say on the matter, if it had been Jim Davidson who had said that.

Better example of pushed boundaries Mr Catskillz

I always enjoy Omid's stand up but he excelled on his sketch, Dart players wives, with his transformation into Caroline Quentin (lambrusco).

smos.

Quote: SMOS @ May 5 2009, 1:12 PM BST

I always enjoy Omid's stand up but he excelled on his sketch, Dart players wives, with his transformation into Caroline Quentin (lambrusco).

I didn't realise it was him at first!

I find some of his sketches a bit patchy, but Apostrophes For Africa with 'Lynn Truss' was great.

Loved this week's episode. Very funny, and a great break from the hell I was enduring at the time. Really wish it had kept to Saturday nights thoug - the BBC need some proper comedy on.

It's been a lot better this series. No wonder I keep missing bits if they changed the day! >_<

Well they've only changed the day from last series, not within this series.

Quote: Aaron @ May 16 2009, 12:17 PM BST

Well they've only changed the day from last series, not within this series.

Then some bastard has deleted it off my planner!

... and I'm the only one that could have done that.
:$