Birmingham comedy writers Page 2

Quote: zooo @ April 14 2011, 11:24 PM BST

Do you have a silly accent?

No, as I'm neither from Brum or the Black Country. I'm a Salopian.

If there is a Birmingham comedy writer group being formed I'd be interested in taking part.

If it helps my accent is ridiculous.

Can I suggest it be called Brummie or Die

Just thought I'd bump this to see if there are any more? I'll pm the 3 who have so far admitted to occasionally hanging out in the West Midlands and see if we can get something together.

On the off chance that anyone might be passing, Chip, Gerry and I are meeting up in the Yard of Ale on New Street at 6pm Thursday 19th for a beer and to plan our take-over of the comedy world (Birmingham branch).

Quote: chipolata @ April 15 2011, 7:41 AM BST

No, as I'm neither from Brum or the Black Country. I'm a Salopian.

Are you?
Which bit?
I'm just South of Ludlow.

Quote: Ponderer @ May 18 2011, 11:31 PM BST

On the off chance that anyone might be passing, Chip, Gerry and I are meeting up in the Yard of Ale on New Street at 6pm for a beer and to plan our take-over of the comedy world (Birmingham branch).

Since I had to canel this last time it is now happening this friday (22nd) same time and venue. Anyone who fancies coming along please feel free and pm me so we can arrange how to recognise each other.

Chipolata's turning up?! If I didn't have to go out with a gaggle of girls then I'd have been there in a flash.

Quote: Ben @ July 19 2011, 6:55 PM BST

Chipolata's turning up?!

:O

He's finally slipping out into the open? Amongst PEOPLE?!

*Crosses self and stocks up with tinned goods for the approaching end times*

How did the meet up go?

Quote: phreaky @ August 1 2011, 10:01 AM BST

How did the meet up go?

I can't speak for Chip and Ponderer, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. An abundance of Peroni played a significant role, which is always nice :)

Quote: Gerry McDonnell @ August 1 2011, 10:13 AM BST

I can't speak for Chip and Ponderer, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. An abundance of Peroni played a significant role, which is always nice :)

Peroni is a good sign!

Where did you meet?

We were supposed to meet in The Yard of Ale, but it's now a bloody Noodle Bar. Which idiot suggested that? :)

We changed the venue to The Shakespeare and then made the short trip to The Trocadero. Are you a Midlands-man Phreaky?

Quote: Gerry McDonnell @ August 1 2011, 10:40 AM BST

We were supposed to meet in The Yard of Ale, but it's now a bloody Noodle Bar. Which idiot suggested that? :)

That's a sad ending to a once great pub, I used to pop in there on a Saturday while shopping.

Quote: Gerry McDonnell @ August 1 2011, 10:40 AM BST

Are you a Midlands-man Phreaky?

I am indeed!

Excellent, you'll have to join us at the next meet. (Bi-monthly was the provisional plan.)