Winging It

This new comedy show has just been announced. It is an improvisational show which will star amongst others Tom Deacon, Rhys Thomas and Joe Thomas performing a range of improvised scenes under the guidance of their masked "Wing commander".

I don't know what to make of it. It doesn't ring out as something to get my hopes up, but it is best to wait and see I guess.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/winging_it/

Sounds terrible. Improv nearly always is.

Quote: Afinkawan @ March 31 2009, 10:45 AM BST

Sounds terrible. Improv nearly always is.

Except Whose Line is it Anyway?

Quote: Ian Wolf @ March 31 2009, 10:47 AM BST

Except Whose Line is it Anyway?

And I enjoyed the radio show with Josie Lawrence and Jim Sweeney.

Quote: chipolata @ March 31 2009, 10:51 AM BST

And I enjoyed the radio show with Josie Lawrence and Jim Sweeney.

Is there any news on a third series of that?

Quote: Ian Wolf @ March 31 2009, 10:57 AM BST

I haven't heard anything, but it's cheap as chips to produce, and the first two went down well, so I wouldn't be surprised if we got a third.

This show is for the Saturday lunchtime teen strand BBC Switch... so don't hold up much hope for it being any good.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ March 31 2009, 10:57 AM BST

Jim has since retired from performing (he has progressive MS), so sadly its very unlikely.

Impro can be excellent but I think it's best seen live, and unfortunately when it's bad it can be quite excruciating.

As you said this seems to be aimed at teenagers and is part of BBC Switch, so I don't personally hold out that much hope. (And as things like Thank God You're Here proved, TV execs are better to use people who can improvise rather than fairly untested comic actors and presenters!)

Rhys Thomas? Is he the little fella that started out in the Fast Show, when he was a teenager? TIf so, the last few things he's done have been awful.

I tried watching this on the iPlayer this morning and I only managed to get through the first half. Very week indeed.