Release of Green Wing Soundtrack

I read on the Channel 4 Green Wing forum that they are going to release the soundtrack to the show some time in June/July.

Has anyone else heard any news about this?

Yeah I read something earlier on a GW fan site. How amazing is that? I've been trying to find all the music for ages!!!

Ooo, good good! :D

I really loved the show but can't remember any of the music. Was it original stuff? Maybe that's why it was good music as it wasn't intrusive or a distraction.

Yes, it was original. It was written by Jonathan Whitehead, under the name "Trellis" (possibly misspelt).

It's me! I'm the one from the GW forums. Well There's still no info about this. I keep contact Jonathan Whitehead's agency but there's no reply. www.silvascreen.co.uk should be releasing it this summer I've heard. They keep telling me to keep an eye on their news section. There's been no word since April about it. Teary

It'll be great if they did release it because there were some really good tunes used on that show.

I heard 'that' ringtone on the train the other day. I smiled to myself. :)

They said the soundtrack will be released in the next few months and the production process is near the end..it's ALL music by Trellis. Why there wasn't a news letter about this I don't know.

Quote: Peppyman @ July 21, 2007, 5:09 PM

They said the soundtrack will be released in the next few months and the production process is near the end..it's ALL music by Trellis. Why there wasn't a news letter about this I don't know.

That's because there hasn't been a newsletter in ages.

Quote: Peppyman @ July 21, 2007, 5:09 PM

Quote: Ian Wolf @ July 21, 2007, 5:21 PM

That's because there hasn't been a newsletter in ages.

Now Green Wing has finished we've said we're not going to send out another GW newsletter until we have enough news to make it worthwhile (both in terms of what people will get out of it and us putting it together - sending out a mass email is expensive and time consuming you see).

We're currently still amassing stuff and now just waiting on a couple of key details about the various bits of news (and the finalisation and approval of our writers interview) before we deem it worthwhile sending another newsletter. These things take time though and, what with our move to comedy.co.uk, I guess we still won't be sending it out until September / October time.

New info- soundtrack to be release second half of September.

8th october release date - articles online coming in the next week.

check silvascreen.co.uk for news

Found the link.