Dad's Army Radio Episodes

I've just started to listen to these, big fan of the TV series and was given these as a Christmas present. They are superb, the show really translates well to the radio. James Beck isn't in many as he died quite early on during the recording of the radio version so Graham Stark stepped in for a while, then Larry Martyn took over, who is better than Graham Stark in my opinion.

I highly recommend these for any fan of the show. The episodes are radio versions of what we have already seen on TV, but they are just really great.

Yes, I have them all. Very good. Alot of the time, I put one on my stereo in my bedroom and listen to it whilst I'm going to sleep.

I do it while I play playstation

I was wondering whether the cast was also acting and being dressed when recording these radio episodes.
Does anyone know?
Regards,
Rob

Highly unlikely to have been acting. In fact I feel relatively safe to say that they definitely would not have done so. Whether they were dressed up or not... unlikely, but not impossible.

I've got to say , I havn't heard the radio episodes but I have seen the TV episodes and they are just brilliant episodes. It just makes you think of the old times with your Grandad. I recently watched the episode with the hounds and the hound called Prince who causes a bit of trouble.

(Just wondering if this is the wrong area to put this comment? Is it possible for you to transfer it over and delete it here?)

It is possible, but I can't be bothered. It's fine in here. :)

The cast didn't dress up in costume during recordings. I've seen some pictures. They all dressed in mostly shirts and trousers, they look quite smart/casual. Apart from John Le Mesurier who usually looked quite smart in anything he wore.

He reminds me so much of Dimitar Berbatov.