Newswipe With Charlie Brooker - Series 1 Page 4

It looks like he hurt his toe

Alright, clever-clogs

Quote: shaggy292 @ April 24 2009, 12:54 PM BST

Alright, clever-clogs

That's how he injured his toe.

Laughing out loud

For Shaggy and anybody else wondering what's up with Brooker, here it is from his mouth.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/culture/2009/apr/25/screen-burn-apprentice-charlie-brooker

Great episode tonight, Brooker was back to his cynical best. He even gave the finger to Mary Nightingale (something I've been dreaming about for two decades).

Shame he seems to have hit form so late on in the run.

Excellent series. I don't agree that it's the same as Screenwipe; their differeing focus inherently means that that's more satirical and this is more informative and thought-provoking. Screenwipe is more a clever man's TV Burp, pointing out the ridiculous of the TV world. Newswipe is sobering and critical.

Really, really enjoyed it, and very funny. I'm really hoping that they'll do a second series soon. Can't recommend it enough.

Brooker is, indeed, the man. A beacon of sense shining through the dense and confusing world of 'the news'. And funny with it.

I could watch Charlie Brooker all day! The series got better as it went on. That was possibly, like you said, just adjusting to the shift in approach between Screenwipe and Newswipe. Overall, great stuff!

Particularly enjoyed his take on the Susan Boyle story this week. As ever, he was spot on.

I like what he said about James from The Apprentice on The Apprentice: You're Fired last night.

"He has a face like a loaf of bread" :D

Just watched this week's episode. Brilliant as usual!

I thought this last episode was the funniest of the series by far. He really seemed to be hitting his stride and although I don't think it's quite as funny as Screenwipe, I hope there's another series.

Great stuff! :D

Most interesting parts for me are the inserts from Peter Oborne and Nick Davis. You know this sort of stuff goes on, but it is quite shocking how sophisticated and blatant it has become. Not only are we increasingly living in a police state, but one in which the press collude with the Government in setting the agenda and manipulating opinion, and in which the reams of data held on us can be accessed by the press, or anyone else with the wherewithal. Quite frightening really.

Prezunctly. Really good to hear those things being said out loud, no matter how sinister they are.