Newswipe With Charlie Brooker - Series 1 Page 3

I'm really starting to enjoy the 'View Point' mini-docs, fascinating stuff.

Oh dear.

Quote: chipolata @ April 9 2009, 11:51 AM BST

Another good show, but it doesn't really hit the heights of Screenwipe for me.

I guess shit telly is easier to satirise than shit news.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ April 9 2009, 1:55 PM BST

I guess shit telly is easier to satirise than shit news.

Definitely. And it's still head and shoulders above most other stuff on telly at the moment.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ April 8 2009, 3:02 PM BST

It'll either be that or an episode of 'Steve O' on TMF or whatever the f**k it is.

I caught a bit of this last night. I won't be catching it again.

Classy guy, old Steve O. I wish I was one of his mates. That'd be brilliant.

Just saw the latest on iPlayer - brilliant stuff. Fast, amusing, thought provoking, *not* smug... Much better than Stewart Lee :)

Worth it alone for the Richard Baker splice: "There's Mary, there's Mungo, and there's Midge... who was convicted of killing twenty-two civilians at Milai in south Vietnam."

That made me laugh out loud (and I'm a miserable sod).

Good episode last night. Brooker's take on the G20 protests was spot on.

Quote: Maurice Minor @ April 9 2009, 7:32 PM BST

Worth it alone for the Richard Baker splice: "There's Mary, there's Mungo, and there's Midge... who was convicted of killing twenty-two civilians at Milai in south Vietnam."

That made me laugh out loud (and I'm a miserable sod).

I watched this episode three times (once alone and then once with my Mum and then with my boyfriend) and every time this line was said I laughed out loud.

This latest episode (about the G20) was, I think, the best ever episode of Screenwipe (I know this is Newswipe, but it's essentially the same show)...

A perfect mix of serious bits that teach you stuff, stupid slapstick, Brooker's anger, excellent analysis of the way TV works and perfectly chosen clips of bad TV.

Quote: Mark @ April 17 2009, 11:59 AM BST

This latest episode (about the G20) was, I think, the best ever episode of Screenwipe (I know this is Newswipe, but it's essentially the same show)...

A perfect mix of serious bits that teach you stuff, stupid slapstick, Brooker's anger, excellent analysis of the way TV works and perfectly chosen clips of bad TV.

I loved the line about how the world leaders have gone all street by using G as in Gangsta for the G20.

I keep missing this, but I think I managed to watch the latest one last night? Good stuff!

Quote: Leevil @ April 17 2009, 4:18 PM BST

I keep missing this, but I think I managed to watch the latest one last night? Good stuff!

Same for me, finally watched it last night, very good.

Really enjoying this. Excellent stuff. Loved the bored reporter on the boat.

Loved the last episode, he's really let loose on this now. At the beginning you could see him holding back from too much swearing etc but now he's back to his best. I still don't like the poetry bit.

All in all it has been a fantastic series and the segment on Jade Goody a few episodes back summed up the entire thing perfectly in about 5 minutes.

Was a bit odd to see a clip show last night of things we last saw only a few weeks ago.

Tempted to say lazy but I am sure there is another reason...

Does anyone actually know what happened to Charlie?