Newswipe With Charlie Brooker - Series 1 Page 2

Stayed up late to watch the Wednesday repeat (Good old BBC Four, showing everything at least 4 times!)

Very good show, I thought. Another thought provoking comedy. They should put this on at 7pm instead of The One Show.

I liked it, does anyone think the poetry bit is funny?

Quote: john lucas 101 @ March 27 2009, 9:51 AM GMT

They should put this on at 7pm instead of The One Show.

That would be brilliant! They'd never have the guts...

Quote: ContainsNuts @ March 27 2009, 10:17 AM GMT

does anyone think the poetry bit is funny?

No

Quote: shaggy292 @ March 27 2009, 11:13 AM GMT

No

Laughing out loud

It was okay but too general, it was at a very basic level and wasn't telling us anything we don't already know.

The reason why The Day Today was so brilliant was because it took the clichés of news programmes and put a spin on them or turned them into characters and sketches.

This is just Brooker telling us something we already know and saying 'bum' a lot.

Quote: Martin H @ March 27 2009, 6:07 PM BST

It was okay but too general, it was at a very basic level and wasn't telling us anything we don't already know.

Mocked the crazy explanations given by the news for some things but didn't bother giving decent ones, that annoyed me a lot.

I wasn't pushed about it at all.

A good episode last night. And the stuff about Schrodeinger's Cat and Jade Goody was spot on.

I think as with Stewart Lee, there's so much in this show, it requires a second viewing when I'm actually not half-asleep! Why is all the good stuff on so friggin late?!

Quote: john lucas 101 @ April 2 2009, 2:01 PM BST

Why is all the good stuff on so friggin late?!

Because the world is geared towards whipper-snappers! :(

Time for another late night because it's Charlie Brooker time!

It'll either be that or an episode of 'Steve O' on TMF or whatever the f**k it is.

Charlie Brooker, then.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ April 8 2009, 3:02 PM BST

Time for another late night because it's Charlie Brooker time!

It'll either be that or an episode of 'Steve O' on TMF or whatever the f**k it is.

Charlie Brooker, then.

I can manage to stay up tonight because I can watch The Daily Show, The Apprentice, You're Fired, then Charlie in one long seemless chunk of time I'll never get back. And, if I fancy "pudding", I can round it off with the Fantasy Channel Freeview at 11. Lovely stuff.

Another good show, but it doesn't really hit the heights of Screenwipe for me.

Quote: ContainsNuts @ March 27 2009, 11:17 AM BST

I liked it, does anyone think the poetry bit is funny?

Quote: shaggy292 @ March 27 2009, 12:13 PM BST

No

Still don't

I actually liked the Gordon Brown poem last night.