Brave Young Men

Did anyone see this pilot yesterday? One of the most promising pilots I've seen in a long while. Great dialogue, lost its way a bit with the Beer Festival sequences but still something I'd like to see as a series.

Isn't Marc Wooten in it? Sick

Quote: Leevil @ March 23 2009, 2:37 PM GMT

Isn't Marc Wooten in it? Sick

He is and he's good.

Wootton*

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/brave_young_men/

Thought it was alright. Kept my interest for the half hour, interesting enough, but not really a comedy and certainly nothing special.

I thought it was promising. I like Wootton and Basden. But I've heard from Alison over at Babycow won't be getting a series.

Quote: hotzappa11 @ March 23 2009, 4:58 PM GMT

Alison over at Babycow.

*CLANGGG!!!* Sorry, you seem to have dropped this. :)

I thought it was promising. I like Wootton and Basden. But I've heard it won't be getting a series.

Ahh! Curse you and your edit!

I've edited back now, Matthew. But damn you and you're quick postings :P

Edit: Stop it!

I thought it was promising. I like Wootton and Basden. But I've heard from Alison over at Babycow won't be getting a series.

Yet another edit!

Quote: hotzappa11 @ March 23 2009, 5:01 PM GMT

I've edited back now, Matthew. But damn you and you're quick postings :P

You're trying to make a fool of me . . . Unimpressed :D

It's all part of my plan for world domination! *puts pinky finger to mouth*

Gents, please. On topic.

(your*)

Shame, it's what 'Reaper' should've been. Strange they're not commissioning it, it's the kind of thing that would build up a huge cult following.

Quote: Stan Doubt @ March 23 2009, 9:17 PM GMT

Shame, it's what 'Reaper' should've been. Strange they're not commissioning it, it's the kind of thing that would build up a huge cult following.

Yeah, absolutely.... I thought of Reaper as soon as I started watching this. Although obviously the 'heroes' in this Brit show are losers rather than life's winners - which is the way things should be.

I thought it was a smart pilot, and really liked the idea behind it: e.g. are they just working for tramps? BBC Three's output has been absolutely dire so far this year up until now... this made for a refreshing change. I really do despair when something with as much potential as this show is passed up in favour of yet another thought-free teen studio sitcom where the script writers thing the height of hilarity is a wank joke. *Sigh*

Word. But they want to be down wid da kidz, innit... or something along those lines.

I like Reaper.

I'll watch this on the red button after Argumental.

I enjoyed it . :)