The Dangerous Brothers

Yay or Nay?

*shrugs*

What is it?

Quote: The Rook @ March 18 2009, 4:33 PM GMT

Yay or Nay?

Yay. Just.

Rik and Ade being...well, Rik and Ade.

Ahhhh!! Their old stand-up act? I'm too young to remember it. I'm sure I would like it though.

I liked it.

I've got a vid of it somewhere which I really should get round to ripping to DVD before VHS become completely obsolete.

It was typical Bottom, as was their Comic Strip: Mr Jolly. They made a fortune out of one pair of characters (borrowing, if that's even the word, from the earlier Filthy Rich and Catflap which were strictly Richie and Eddie as opposed to their Young Ones alter-egos) but I loved them, so hats off for that ability. So yay.

They were always a highlight of Saturday Night Live for me.

Man, I'd love someone to make a show like that again.

Quote: James Harris @ March 18 2009, 10:49 PM BST

They were always a highlight of Saturday Night Live for me.

Man, I'd love someone to make a show like that again.

I'd like a couple of young female commediennes to do it - that would be really different.

Yay for me.

All the stuff they did is on the Saturday Live DVD and it's very funny.

Thank God too, 'cos most of the stuff on that DVD is pish.

Quote: SlagA @ March 18 2009, 10:43 PM BST

It was typical Bottom, as was their Comic Strip: Mr Jolly. They made a fortune out of one pair of characters (borrowing, if that's even the word, from the earlier Filthy Rich and Catflap which were strictly Richie and Eddie as opposed to their Young Ones alter-egos) but I loved them, so hats off for that ability. So yay.

Rik's "The Young Ones" character was a blend of his Rik the Poet and Richard Dangerous characters from the stage shows. Ade's Vyvian character was, by the writers' own admission, an evolution of Adrian Dangerous.

Yay

Not forgetting Spitting Image's masterful Colonel Dangerous and Ronnie Dangerous.

Watching Harpo in a Marx Brothers film I can see the roots of the Dangerous Brothers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_30mqmWMvbs

That is made of win