Peep Show - Seventh series commissioned

Peep Show has been commissioned for a seventh series, even though the sixth series has yet to be broadcast. This is the second time that a new series has been comissioned in the programmes run before the previous one was transmitted (the fifth series was commissioned before the fourth was shown).

Story from Broadcast

Blimey. Seven series.

Great News.

With this and Stewart Lee the other night things are looking up for comedy on TV.

I know, it's brilliant!

What is really interesting is that, as far as I know, Peep Show will have had more series than any other Channel 4 sitcom. I know that Drop The Dead Donkey and Desmond's had six series each (although you could claim Desmond's had more because of it's spin-off Porkpie), but I can't recall any C4 sitcom reaching seven before.

Can't help thinking that they're jumping the gun a little, but nice to see nonetheless.

Quote: Aaron @ March 18 2009, 12:25 PM GMT

Can't help thinking that they're jumping the gun a little, but nice to see nonetheless.

I suppose they wanted confirmation of a seventh series so they know how to wrap up the sixth (they don't start shooting S6 until July).

July? Really? Seems rather late considering that they've scheduled the DVD release for 7th September.

I'm sure that's what Robert Webb said when he was asked about it on Radio 1 the other day. But I may have misheard Errr

EDIT - just checked back on iPlayer and he definitely said 'we're making the 6th series of Peep Show in July' (of course he may have meant the 7th!)

A good British sitcom that actually makes it past a third series, let alone a sixth! Whatever next!

Quote: PhilSug @ March 18 2009, 1:24 PM GMT

I'm sure that's what Robert Webb said when he was asked about it on Radio 1 the other day. But I may have misheard Errr

EDIT - just checked back on iPlayer and he definitely said 'we're making the 6th series of Peep Show in July' (of course he may have meant the 7th!)

Yeah, someone's got themselves confused then. If they're filming S6 in July, they'd have to film each episode separately and in order and go to broadcast within 2 weeks in order to be ready for a post-run DVD release of 7th September! Mentals.

Yeah July seems a bit late to start filming. I would have thought they'd be filming within the next couple of months. Doesn't Peep Show usually air towards the first half of the year?

The series have begun in September, November, November, April, and May respectively.

I thought Series 6 had already finished filming. Olivia Coleman said that when interviewed a while ago I think.

Yeah, according to Wikipedia when she was interviewed she said that they were in post for s6

I'd like to be proved wrong but I can't help feeling Peep Show has run its course. The fifth series, although relatively enjoyable, seemed to be treading water and going over a lot of old ground. If the sixth series continues in this vein then I'm not hopeful of a seventh.