Green Wing Region 1 DVD on eBay but....

...is it legit? I checked Amazon.com, Blockbuster, Netflix (who usually has a good choice of Brit DVDs) and others with no luck. Has it even been released for region 1 yet? I can always ask if the seller can post a larger picture of it to check. Thanks for any info! Maggie

Quote: Maggie @ September 25, 2006, 7:52 PM

Has it even been released for region 1 yet?

Hi Maggie. No that's not a genuine DVD. There's no region 1 GW DVD out yet (however 4DVD have said they are hoping to do one sometime soon). It's likely to be a fan who's burnt the episodes to DVD having recorded them off TV... or perhaps they've converted the R2 copy to R1 themselves?

It'd be worth asking them however whatever the answer do buy with caution.

Don't know if you're aware however if you have a DVD player in your PC it's likely you can play R2 DVDs and thus import genuine copies of the DVDs from here in the UK.

See our merchandise page for more information.

Mark,
Thanks for your help; I had reservations and I'm glad I didn't buy them.
I did email the seller asking for pictures so that I could see where, on the box, it says region 1, and here's his reply:

>Thanks for your email. Unfortunately, I'm out of town this week and don't have >any images with me. I purchase all of my products from a British distributor. >They are digitally converted for Region 1, factory sealed, and 100% guaranteed >for refund or replacement. The picture you see on the eBay site is the product >you will receive. Thanks again.

I'll just have to keep waiting for the real release of region 1.....