People Like Us Series 2 DVD

Anyone any idea when (if) series 2 will come out on DVD? Or has Mr Langham's out-of-office interests put the lid on it?

I've got series 1, it is one of my favourite programmes...

"Levicks estate agents was founded between the wars, but it wasn't until after the second world war that people began to realise that." Laughing out loud

I expect it will make an appearance at some point, but I'd feel fairly safe in guessing that his conviction will have done more than a little harm to the prospects of its production. Any company who wanted to release it would be branded as "funding a nonce" by the likes of The Sun. *sigh* So peurile.

It's available on region 4 at the moment. It was available in Portugal as region 2 but I can't find it at the moment, which is annoying because I would love a copy.

I think a lot of the reason it didn't get released over here was due to wrangling over music used, which is a shitty excuse but crops up far too often.

Cropping up less now, mind. A lot of rights work was done so we got a chance to see more stuff released - The Two Ronnies and The Morecambe And Wise Show to mention just two names.

I just read on TVshowsondvd.com that here in the US a release of both series is planned. Cool news I guess, though I already own them from Australia. Drives me nuts that I spend all the money/time only to find out all I had to do was wait. I have the patience of a flood when it comes to TV on DVD.

All you only ever have to is wait! Pretty much everything will be out at some point.

This would be brilliant.

That's OK, I'll wait.

*crosses arms and stares blankly ahead*

edfd

Quote: fiveskin @ April 24 2009, 5:51 PM GMT

I just read on TVshowsondvd.com that here in the US a release of both series is planned. Cool news I guess, though I already own them from Australia. Drives me nuts that I spend all the money/time only to find out all I had to do was wait. I have the patience of a flood when it comes to TV on DVD.

I know what you mean - spending hours and lots of money getting hold of something I really want is a pretty much surefire guuarantee that it will be released cheaply about 6 months later.

So that's 'People Like Us' sorted then ... what about 'Help' . . . ?

I did love this show.
and it looks like DVD will be the only way to see it again for a while.

Absolutely. The Daily Mail probably have headlines on standby if the Beeb ever decided to screen any repeats . . .

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B002AS460U/comedyguide-20/

I'm an imbecilic dog f**ker.

Quote: MeredithSheperd @ December 4 2009, 6:34 AM GMT

I'm an imbecilic dog f**ker.

And other songs from South Park.

Quote: Slippery Jack @ November 27 2009, 9:23 PM GMT

So that's 'People Like Us' sorted then ... what about 'Help' . . . ?

Help is available in Region 4; it was really a nice little series. I'll probably pick it up when the next season of The Hollowmen is released on DVD.

http://shop.abc.net.au/browse/product.asp?productid=747760&SearchID=2303887&SearchRefineID=4745644