Daniel Kitson

I know I'm way behind everyone else but I was just looking at an old Time Out Top Ten of stand up comics and knew the name Daniel Kitson but couldn't quite place him.

I've obviously been missing out. This is worth a look for the walk on alone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbUqhxPGFXY

I couldn't find a thread 'dedicated' to him so thought I'd post here and ask if anyone's seen him live or can recommend any DVDs?

Jx

I've seen him live a couple of times, but not for something like 10 years. He was brilliant - a bit controversial at times - but hilarious.

Yeah, I've seen him a few times. he is a geinus, a real comedian who is passionate about comedy as an art form and most certainly doesn't radiate the aura of being a back stabbing egomaniac like most TV comedians do.

I saw him perform his 'Impotent Fury of the Privileged' in Durham in May 2008. I love his shows because he is one of the few comics (that I can currently think of) that has a show with a purpose to it. Unlike a show of joke followed by joke followed by joke, Kitson has a purpose to his shows and likes to give his audience advice from his experiences. If no one has seen him before and you get the chance to, definitely go see it. His tickets are cheap (I paid £10) but he doesn't usually have flyers etc so sometimes it is a bit hard to tell when he's around. But if you have the chance, go.

I had heard great things about him so was really excited when I got tickets to see him at last year's Edinburgh festival. His show was my last of the week and was, in my opinion, the worst I saw whilst I was there - not to my taste at all. I felt like I was at the theatre watching an hour and a half, one man monologue as opposed to a stand up show. I realise this may be the appeal to many but I was bored, truth be told. I would be interested to see some of his stand up though as many people rave about him.

Thanks for those replies.

I'll definitely look out for him from now on.

Shame that some of the best comics hide themselves away like he seems to though.

At least we'll always have YouTube!

Jx

Edited by Aaron.

I managed to get to see his show '66a Church Road' a few weeks back in Liverpool. Really, really good. Interesting story and just hilariously funny, I would strongly recommend everyone goes and sees him.

I watched Mr Kitson on the Friday and Four Lions on the Saturday. One hell of a comedy weekend there.

Will be seeing him for the first time in a couple of weeks so looking forward to it.

Type him into iTunes - he's split up his 2005 show into 4 segments as a podcast.

It's a bit quiet (right click the track, click 'get into', click on the right tab and boost volume) - but cracking stuff.

One of the best stand ups this country has.
Annoyingly he doesn't release much commercially which is a real shame as he really is amazing.

Saw his last show and it was great.

Going to see 66a Church Road in a couple of weeks.

Dan

Saw 66a Church Road yesterday in Birmingham.

Absolutely brilliant. I took my girlfriend (who had not seen Daniel before) and she was very impressed.

Even when he'd finished the monologue and came back on to the stage for his well deserved applause, he had the whole audience laughing.

Quote: Rick Allden @ May 18 2010, 11:01 AM BST

Type him into iTunes - he's split up his 2005 show into 4 segments as a podcast.

It's a bit quiet (right click the track, click 'get into', click on the right tab and boost volume) - but cracking stuff.

Nice one, cheers!

I've seen several of his shows and they've always been brilliant. He is doing a new show at the Fringe this year which I plan to see.

I saw Daniel last night at Warwick arts.

Amazing.

(Russell Howard watching too)