Current radio comedy Page 127

My favourite joke of his was something along the lines of: "It's all 'special' these days. 'Special neeeds', 'Special Olympics' - it always worries me when they talk about sending 'special forces' into Iraq.

Paid Programming with Dallas and Alex
New comedy + underground punk, rock, and indie music internet radio show / podcast.
Live every sunday 4-6PM PT at MutinyRadioFM, forever until the apocalypse on soundcloud.

PAID PROGRAMMING #4 w/ Mark Shrayber (Jezebel, Cosmo) and Vidur Singhal (Comedian). Mark tells us about an interview with the biggest c**t he's encountered in his career, Grumpy Cat. Vidur talks to us about horror movies and dating in India vs. the United States

https://soundcloud.com/paid-programming/paidprogramming-mark-vid

Great to see Lost Voice Guy winning the BBC New Comedy Award. When I first heard about him some time ago I knew he would go far, and having seen him perform live I know just how good he is.

Frank Skinner's new Radio 4 show 'The Rest Is History' is very funny indeed; this week's show featured panellists Dave Gorman and Sara Pascoe plus the academic prowess of Dr Kate Williams.

Just before the bedtime I wanted to ask something.
It's Monday and Good Omens is scheduled for 23.00. I am quite curios, why did they put it so late (I know I will be downloading it tomorrow)? I feel like people would rather catch it up the next day instead of just waiting for the late evening broadcast. Anyway, why so late? I find it confusing. :S

Loved the ending of Cabin Pressure, but was most interested when they said they were flying to Addis Ababa. I know it's long shot, but given the connection between the last 26 episodes...

Christmas morning:

Steve Allen on LBC followed by Jo and Simon on BBC Radio London.

A bit of Radio 4 Extra at midday.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ 24th December 2014, 10:32 PM GMT

Loved the ending of Cabin Pressure, but was most interested when they said they were flying to Addis Ababa. I know it's long shot, but given the connection between the last 26 episodes...

Yes, I noticed that, but I definitely think you'd be betting on a long shot.Laughing out loud

I thought ti was a very sweet ending, and a fitting one for a good show. It might have been a wee bit stretched over 2 shows, and I'm not sure the wiring ending really made sense, but it had some good laughs and left a nice warm glow, whic is how long runnign sit coms should end - especially on Christmas Eve.

This isn't really current, but most of the episodes are available on the BBC Radio Player at the moment. I was listening to the Graham Linehan/Adam Buxton episode of 'Chain Reaction' earlier and They were both talking about the cessation of their respective writing partnerships. It's well worth a listen.

Caught a bit of "As Times Go By" on R4E today. Hadn't realised it was ever made for radio. Thought it reasonably ok. Looking at the schedule, I see that they are on Episode 10 of 13 for "It Sticks Out Half
a Mile". Am a bit annoyed I've missed most of those and I didn't realise there were so many of them.

Who is the bint in the 6.30 slot on Thursday? I lasted 5 minutes and had to switch over to Talksport.

I have no problems with women in comedy or with comedians who wear their politics on their sleeve, but being ranted at by an angry feminist is not my idea of entertainment.

Quote: Tursiops @ 29th January 2015, 10:27 PM GMT

Who is the bint in the 6.30 slot on Thursday? I lasted 5 minutes and had to switch over to Talksport.

I have no problems with women in comedy or with comedians who wear their politics on their sleeve, but being ranted at by an angry feminist is not my idea of entertainment.

Ditto. It was absolute crap.

Apparently someone called Bridget Christie.

Quote: Tursiops @ 29th January 2015, 10:27 PM GMT

Was it a rant? I took it as a parody of anti-feminist attitudes.

It's neither funny nor informative. With Fred MacAulay, shoehorned in, entirely redundant.

Quote: Nogget @ 30th January 2015, 8:10 AM GMT

Was it a rant? I took it as a parody of anti-feminist attitudes.

Quite so Nogget. I know that Bridget Christie isn't everyone's cup of tea, but you have to admit, she does make some excellent pithy points.

I have just turned The Now Show off as it was, in the sauf landan vernacular 'doing my head in'.