Current radio comedy Page 123

Prunella Scales is on Cabin Pressure.

What's that got to do with the wireless?

EDIT: The curse of the missing post.

Quote: Marissa @ 23rd April 2014, 9:41 PM BST

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0415hb8

Tittle Tattle is a 45 minute play about Kenneth Williams, Charles Hawtrey and their mums having afternoon tea at Derry and Toms - is this sounding a bit gay?

Martyn Hesford wrote Fantabulosa in which Michael Sheen gave such a fabulous turn. This is also sharply observed, with brilliant performances from both leads.

Available till next Monday.

Excellent recommendation Marissa. Just listened to it now. Most enjoyable.

Glad these are hitting the spot, Will Cam.

Wondering what you think of The Castle? This week's has a very good Russell Brand ribbing, written when he was a fey tit, rather than a top revolutionary.

The Castle? Gave up after a couple of episodes. Cheap anachronisms in lieu of humour. Bleak Expectations did it so so so much better.

Quote: italophile @ 30th April 2014, 7:35 AM BST

The Castle? Gave up after a couple of episodes. Cheap anachronisms in lieu of humour. Bleak Expectations did it so so so much better.

And Gloomsbury, obviously.

Quote: italophile @ 30th April 2014, 7:35 AM BST

This.

Which is a shame as I think there's some nice stuff in there trying to get out.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 30th April 2014, 11:15 AM BST

And Gloomsbury, obviously.

Indeed.

Enjoyed tonight's Now Show - a nice mixture of Marcus Brigstocke returning, and John Finnemore making fun of Marcus Brigstocke.

Always like something on The Now Show..

Think the performers on The Castle give it buckets of brio. Reminds me of the energy of I'm Sorry I'll Read That Again. Cheers me up. (Hangs head in shame.)

Gloomsbury is indeed classier.

Good Jake Thackray tribute on Great Lives today. Isy Suttie and Fake Thackray http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b042jhlm

Quote: Marissa @ 29th April 2014, 5:38 PM BST

Glad these are hitting the spot, Will Cam.

Wondering what you think of The Castle? This week's has a very good Russell Brand ribbing, written when he was a fey tit, rather than a top revolutionary.

I gave this a try after never having really heard of it. It was ok but I found the number of characters a bit confusing. This might sound a bit daft but I really don't like the medieval period per se which meant I was not fully engaged.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ 2nd May 2014, 7:06 PM BST

Enjoyed tonight's Now Show - a nice mixture of Marcus Brigstocke returning, and John Finnemore making fun of Marcus Brigstocke.

I fully agree Ian. John Finnemore in particular is a very clever, funny writer and a great performer.

Quote: Will Cam @ 6th May 2014, 9:15 PM BST

I fully agree Ian. John Finnemore in particular is a very clever, funny writer and a great performer.

I would say that Finnemore is probably the best comedy writer around at the moment.

Caught up with Blocked, the Boyle-Dick vehicle for David Mitchell. The potentially interesting premise - writer's block - is largely irrelevant, with Mitchell reduced to shouting a lot of not very funny, supposedly outrageous insults. Beats me why you signed on, David.

Start Stop had some traces of charm.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 12th June 2014, 2:18 PM BST

Start Stop had some traces of charm.

Agreed.