Channel 4 opp Page 2

I'm delighted for you! Angry

Quote: Mikey J @ March 6 2009, 2:57 PM GMT

I've already planned a half hour script for this, and I'll be writing it over the next few days.

Good idea Mikey, give yourself plenty of time!

:D

Inspiration struck as soon as I read the brief. :)

I've got 7 minutes of the half hour script written so far.
(first draft of course)

And yeah, I like to give myself plenty of time to write it, then polish it, then polish it some more. :P

Just a heads up as I hadn't read it properly til the small print, you don't have to send in a whole script (unless you want to) just a synopsis and a writing sample, ie anything you've got stuffed in a drawer.

Yeah, I noticed that, but I figured I might as well send in the actual piece that the synopsis will be about.

I've finished my script for this now.

Won't send it off yet. I'll go back to it after a week with fresh eyes and polish it, til I can see my ugly mug in it! :)

Very happy with my little half-hour drama.

Although I'd actually like to make this idea a full length feature film at some point as I feel there's so much more to be explored about the two main leads.

Would I be able to do a film of it if C4 commissioned the half-hour version?
Or would the idea be then copyrighted to them?

I know I ALWAYS jump the gun, assuming things will get made, but I like to plan ahead.

Just a heads up as I hadn't read it properly til the small print, you don't have to send in a whole script (unless you want to) just a synopsis and a writing sample, ie anything you've got stuffed in a drawer.

Well, yeah, you can send anything as a calling card.
But surely it's better to send the actual script that you wish to enter with?

I posted mine Friday.
All done 'n' dusted.

Onto the next project now. :)

Quote: willie garvin @ March 12 2009, 2:39 PM BST

Does the writing sample have to be relevant to the idea you're 'pitching' or can it be anything that you consider to be indicative of your writing?

It can be ANY script.
If you've got a completed script handy, just send hat as your "calling card" with a synopsis/treatment of the script you wish to write.

Quote: Mikey Jackson @ March 31 2009, 3:31 PM BST

It can be ANY script.
If you've got a completed script handy, just send hat as your "calling card" with a synopsis/treatment of the script you wish to write.

I've only just recently started to submit material and such to people, what should a quintessential treatment include?

Many thanks,

J.

Quote: Marooned @ March 31 2009, 3:40 PM BST

I've only just recently started to submit material and such to people, what should a quintessential treatment include?

Many thanks,

J.

You'll soon learn we do don't do long words. I got stuck on recently so quintessential is way out of my league. :)

Quote: bigfella @ March 31 2009, 7:20 PM BST

You'll soon learn we do don't do long words. I got stuck on recently so quintessential is way out of my league. :)

Hello again!

Sorry for the long words, I'm not quintessentially gay or anything.

Quote: Marooned @ March 31 2009, 3:40 PM BST

Many thanks,

J.

Do a search on the forum. There's plenty of discussion and ideas in older threads.
:)

Quote: SlagA @ March 31 2009, 10:00 PM BST

Do a search on the forum. There's plenty of discussion and ideas in older threads.
:)

Ah okay, didn't realise there was a search button.
Thanks.

How quickly do they make a decision on this usually?

They've probably got a lot to sift through.

Did anyone here enter last time?