Are you Twittering? Page 39

I did a hashtag called #ifTheBeatlesHadbeenFat
saying they would have been the Flab four (hilarious I know)
I just saw that it went all trendy and was like the 3rd biggest trender in the Uk yesterday.

#welldone!

Strawberryandcream fields forever #ifTheBeatlesHadbeenFat

Whaaaaaat? Was that really started by you? I saw that!

Yeah
I did two tweets on it & then forgot about it until someone sent me a link to the trending charts.

You are basically a celebrity now.

Laughing out loud

You trendsetter you.

I've just got an email saying Follow Laura G, Angie S and Nick on Twitter!?

Why would I want to do that? Who are these people? Obviously losers!

Whistling nnocently

I altered a logo for The Grand Tour program on Twitter yesterday and it went wild.
I'm lucky if I ever get 1 retweet - or a reply but so far (and it's still going) nearly 1000 hearts and hundreds of retweets.

Quote: Chappers @ 11th September 2015, 5:40 PM

I've just got an email saying Follow Laura G, Angie S and Nick on Twitter!?

Why would I want to do that? Who are these people? Obviously losers!

Whistling nnocently

Lol, I only just saw this. Wave

I told Jonathan Pie on twitter that if he swore like that in front of my kid, I'd knock his block off.
(he had just done a piece to camera where he swore at a young boy)
He answered saying it was scripted and his mother was ok with it.

Cue; at least 2000 tweets to me abusing me and still going on now for 10 days.
One wanted my address so we could fight. Another said she had reported me to child abuse because I called the boy a little lad and she said that was just plain creepy.
But it was mostly a theme of - I f**k n blind it in front of my young children all the time, what's wrong with you?
Hell hath no wrath like a twitterer scorned.

On the odd times I have looked at it I find it confusing and boring - I can think of better ways of frittering my life away posting to forums.

Not on Twitter. Not on Facebook. Not on WhatsApp. Not on anything apart from this. Don't have a smartphone.

I always feel the fewer people that know where I am, what I'm doing and what I'm thinking the better.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 11th July 2019, 3:45 PM

Not on Twitter. Not on Facebook. Not on WhatsApp. Not on anything apart from this. Don't have a smartphone.

I always feel the fewer people that know where I am, what I'm doing and what I'm thinking the better.

I knew it! It was the tone of your posts - so, Kim Darroch, eh?............Who would have thought. You're secrets safe with me mate. :) I don't belong to all those either.

(suppose a monkey would be out of the question? Know what I mean, to keep schtum like. Would be a one off - promise)

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 11th July 2019, 3:56 PM

I knew it! It was the tone of your posts - so, Kim Darroch, eh?............Who would have thought. You're secrets safe with me mate. :) I don't belong to all those either.

(suppose a monkey would be out of the question? Know what I mean, to keep schtum like. Would be a one off - promise)

If I were Sir Kim I can assure you I would have sent my thoughts in writing "in strictest confidence" & sealed in time-honoured Civil Service fashion. That way only the intended recipient would see it and there would be no chance of hacking. That's the problem with the apparently more convenient modern means of communication.