Are you Twittering? Page 37

Yeah, I did too. Either he thinks we're both fat... or he got spammed.

I'm saying nowt.

I am now Mr Goodlad's 7th follower

He he, 4 of those came today.

Anyone not already bored and depressed enough can follow me on Twitter. @WillPurry

This has to be the best twitter conversation I've seen. http://www.buzzfeed.com/scottybryan/this-is-the-best-twitter-conversation-you-will

James Blunt is a funny bugger :)

http://www.thepoke.co.uk/2013/12/31/26-reasons-why-james-blunt-won-at-twitter-in-2013/

Quote: L.E. @ 14th November 2013, 8:08 PM GMT

This has to be the best twitter conversation I've seen. http://www.buzzfeed.com/scottybryan/this-is-the-best-twitter-conversation-you-will

Very depressing. Most advertising pisses me off. Marketers trying to be cool via social media are particularly annoying. People are now writing books advising companies how to engage in this sort of shit. Carefully rehearsed circle jerks that pretend to be spontaneous aren't good. These pathetic corporate Tweets would be amusing only if they used incredibly foul language that alienated most of their customers.

I disagree.

I think it's funny we have companies involved in banter between other companies. It was spontaneous - however carefully thought out the responses were.

Quote: L.E. @ 6th January 2014, 9:13 AM GMT

I think it's funny we have companies involved in banter between other companies. It was spontaneous - however carefully thought out the responses were.

How do you know it was spontaneous and not a marketing stunt? This fatuous banter would be amusing only if the brands started slagging each other off and insulting their own products and customers:

McDonald's: Our burgers taste like shit and our customers are halfwits.
Burger King: True dat! Yo Happy Meals are da shit [insert lyrics of inane song]
Tesco Mobile: Hey, let's make this a threesome guys!!! #f**kwitbrands
McDonald's: F**k off Tesco, you sell horsemeat and minced dead babies.
Tesco Mobile: Guilty as charged. lol!
The Little Chef: 95% of our cooks have feces under their fingernails.
etc...

I don't know - but I can't see a bunch of companies wasting their time planning it.

Quote: L.E. @ 6th January 2014, 10:23 AM GMT

I don't know - but I can't see a bunch of companies wasting their time planning it.

I can. Look at all the positive coverage they got! "Oh, this is so funny and clever - it makes them human and not just some faceless, humourless corporation! And I can relate to that because I'm a human!"

I've seen companies pay $400 an hour for market research to test branding gimmicks and such crap. People are paid stupid amounts for telling companies how to use Twitter to appear cool (or "human"). The "banter between brands" instantly reminded me of Bussell's faked spontaneous knock-knock joke on Facebook. Complete with a Batman reference.

Some PR/marketing companies pay people to use their Twitter and Facebook accounts to disseminate tweets/posts slagging off certain companies (rival firms of the marketing company's clients).

Good-natured banter between brands, whether scripted or spontaneous, is harmless. But it will soon become trite. It's bad when impressionable people are duped into thinking a particular product is cool or desirable, when in actual fact it's unhealthy rubbish.

I've just had the most retweets ever by far for a joke
I don't know if it's because I'm at some kind of tipping point for followers
But it's 106 & counting, beating my previous record by about 102

Steve, you could have posted the joke here. Now I'm going to have to log onto Twitter.

*grumbles*

I did post it here
Just not on this thread