Are you Twittering? Page 2

I try to see the positives of communication technology. IMO, mobile 'phones and e-mail are the two most generally useful tools.

Whatever other avenues of communication are offered by my computer or mobile is of less significance or appeal to me.

As Aaron says, niche market stuff, Twitter.

Twitter's pretty clever when you get into it. Pointless in the extreme, but there's quite a lot of interesting people there to follow, and whittling your thoughts down to < 140 characters is a fairly useful skill when writing jokes.

Quote: zooo @ March 14 2009, 3:00 AM BST

True.
I just had to un follow Graham Linehan. He does too much twittering! Literally! he doesn't shut up.
Gawd bless him.

How could you possibly un twitter the man who gave us Father Ted and The IT Crowd ???

Quote: zooo @ March 14 2009, 3:00 AM BST

True.
I just had to un follow Graham Linehan. He does too much twittering! Literally! he doesn't shut up.
Gawd bless him.

Me too lol.

Quote: Norman Wisdom @ March 29 2009, 6:59 PM BST

How could you possibly un twitter the man who gave us Father Ted and The IT Crowd ???

Ha!
You try following him on Twitter!

Quote: zooo @ March 29 2009, 8:37 PM BST

Ha!
You try following him on Twitter!

I do... and he's taking up too much of my time! Some interesting stuff though.

I'm following about 25 writers and I'm finding most of their tweets pretty interesting and sometimes informative. It doesn't rule my life by any means, but I have a scan though most days and I read far more than I tweet.

Bet zoo's following Benjamin Cooke, like me. Whistling nnocently

I'll leave the twittering to my feathered friends thank you.

Quote: Rustle T Davis @ March 31 2009, 10:30 AM BST

Bet zoo's following Benjamin Cooke, like me. Whistling nnocently

I don't even know who he issssss!!

Who iiiiiiis he?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ben%20cooke

Haha, this?

Any suggestions for any good writers to follow. Any that give you an insight into a proper writers life?

Quote: zooo @ March 31 2009, 9:42 PM BST

I don't even know who he issssss!!

Who iiiiiiis he?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ben%20cooke

Haha, this?

Laughing out loud Hahaha!

Benjamin Cooke the journalist, who co-wrote The Writer's Tale with Russell T Davies. He also writes for Doctor Who Magazine (amongst other publications) and is often found tweeting from the DW set. He's gone a bit quiet lately though. Maybe he's had a rolicking. Huh?

Tom, just search out the writers you like; there are so many. A lot of the writers I follow write for Doctor Who, so probably wouldn't be of interest to you. Jesse Armstrong, Ben Miller, Alexander Armstrong, Alan Davies, David Mitchell, Robert Webb, and Matt Lucas are often good for a laugh though.

Most of what people tweet is drivel, and often not to do with writing at all, but, if Alan Davies says "I wrote 2113 words today," that makes me very happy. Guess I'm easily pleased. :D

I'm so over Twitter now.

By the way, this month's Viz has a very funny strip called "Fireman Fritter, He's Got Twitter Up His Shitter". It's about a fireman who keeps neglecting his duties to read Stephen Fry's Tweets, which for some reason come out of his arse on tickertape. I laughed longtime.

Quote: Rustle T Davis @ April 3 2009, 10:07 PM BST

Laughing out loud Hahaha!

Benjamin Cooke the journalist, who co-wrote The Writer's Tale with Russell T Davies. He also writes for Doctor Who Magazine (amongst other publications) and is often found tweeting from the DW set. He's gone a bit quiet lately though. Maybe he's had a rolicking. Huh?

Oh I seee!
I still haven't read that book. :)

I've given it a go but don't really *get* it.

Am I being a drongo here? But can you send messages to other people on the Twitter service or do you need to be "followed" by the person that you're trying to send a message to?

If that's the case then I reckon there's no senes in me sending a "begging tweet" to Bill Gates as he doesn't follow me :)

No what it really is is that I've found some people that I know on Twitter and was hoping to surprise them by sending a message

Quote: Rustle T Davis @ April 3 2009, 10:07 PM BST

if Alan Davies says "I wrote 2113 words today," that makes me very happy. Guess I'm easily pleased. :D

What does Alan Davies write?

Quote: Aaron @ March 14 2009, 2:36 AM BST

I suppose it's proof of how self-indulgent everyone really is.

I wonder if the huge number of celebrities embracing it has anything to do with that :D