Are you Twittering?

Billy Nipples [aka Mr_Nurse] on Twitter.

Follow my mother and I as we get up to all sorts of antics and funnerments.

Seeing as you're some kind of nurse, I assume it's you is it, Pete?

Yes it is.

I don't get Twitter. I really don't.

I don't really either. I can see why some people might like it, but I can't understand how it's anything more than a niche interest. I suppose it's proof of how self-indulgent everyone really is.

Lee agrees with Aaron and then scratches his nose, before pressing the POST REPLY button.

I quite like being let into the world of some of the celebs I'm 'following'.

Like Stephen Fry, but also much less famouses like Tony Gardner or Emma Kennedy. They're mostly talking to their real life friends so are more open about stuff than they would normally be, even on their blogs, for some reason.

Quite enlightening!

I hardly ever check it though. Keep forgetting.

It has nothing on our very own Status Update thread though.

True.
I just had to un follow Graham Linehan. He does too much twittering! Literally! he doesn't shut up.
Gawd bless him.

it's really good for one liners and concise witticisms. Peter Serafinowicz and his brother make particularly good use of this. Peter's Comic Relief pun competitions were great and Daniel Maier also did some great "too much paperwork" related puns.

I think it will eventually become more of a business tool so that companies can update customers on offers and new products.

Think about it - if you are interested in DVD box sets and you follow a company that issues them you'll get to know about the news almost instantly. An example might be...

Playback are issuing a special edition 4 DVD boxset of Father ted on April 1. Order now to get special Twitter price

There are lots of news feeds on there - Freakonomics blog posts, BBC news, Research Oracle finance feeds. It's not all random people saying "I'm waiting for the bus". Although there are a lot these.

I don't Twitter. Not ever!

Quote: ShoePie @ March 27 2009, 11:33 AM GMT

I don't Twitter. Not ever!

*cough* *cough* *splutter*

*wipes diet coke from screen*

I agree! I would never join it, especially not just last night, nope it's not for me.

"I'd like to see The Credible Hulk. He's big, but not that big."

From Peter Serafinowicz just now ... Little things like that make my day and make Twitter a minor joy.