Comic Relief 2009 Page 2

Quote: David Chapman @ March 4 2009, 12:56 AM GMT

I used to think you had a life.

What on EARTH could have made you think that?

Quote: David Chapman @ March 4 2009, 12:56 AM GMT

I'm a law breaker then - twice over.

The police are on the way, if you are convicted you will be made to watch every episode of Katy Brand's Big Ass Show in a loop for a week.

Quote: Ned1984 @ March 4 2009, 1:01 AM GMT

The police are on the way, if you are convicted you will be made to watch every episode of Katy Brand's Big Ass Show in a loop for a week.

At least Aaron only added an apostrophe to your's. Or should I sa yours?

>_<

Never mind the Africans, Comic Relief should pay me to sit and watch this well meaning twaddle.

Tony Blair and Catherine Tate? Hilarious. Celebrities having a bit of a dance? Side splitting. Television news footage of people wearing red noses to work? Stop it, I'm crying.

Now, before you surround my castle with torches and pitchforks, let me remind you of what a typical evening of Comic Relief is like -

The audience (who are too retarded to attend Noel's House Party) crack up at the most unfunny jokes and yet, when a bit of comic brilliance appears on the stage (like Partridge), they sit there stony faced, not being able to comprehend the subtlety or intelligence of the humour.

The constant harrassment of Z list celebrities demanding that we hand over our money every 10 seconds, even though they're making thousands by doing a photo shoot and you and I are struggling to pay the mortgage. But then you have to do it, you know, because it's for Charidy.

Having to sit through hours of mindless drivel to watch the one sketch that you might want to see. Then the whole thing runs late and you have to endure yet more hours of crushing tedium before they finally show the sketch you want to see. Then, when you've finally seen it, you say to yourself 'I waited to see that? I must be bonkers.'

Well known actors and writers working for free with no rehearsal time and no budget. Does not bode well. Oh yeah and it's live too, so should run smooth as silk.

And finally, the sheer awkward pacing of showing dead kids and then stand up comedy right after each other in an endless cycle of schizophrenic abandon is enough to make you go loony.

They must have got their cue from old episodes of 'That's Life'.

Ester: And then young Billy cut his own head off with the hedge trimmer. His parents wonder, why there aren't more warnings on dangerous electrical gardening tools? Doc?

Doc: Here's a street called Bum!

By all means, please give money to Comic Relief to help the world's suffering peoples. Just don't expect the entertainment to be any good.

'Children in Need? They can stay in bloody need!'

Yep, I'm off to Hell, see you there.

The only Comic Relief stuff I've ever liked was the Alan Partridge stuff. I especially like the gymnasium stuff with Peter Kay.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ March 4 2009, 5:02 PM GMT

Having to sit through hours of mindless drivel to watch the one sketch that you might want to see.

Tape it like me! I agree there is far too much 'padding', but the Fast Forward button can cut all that out.

I must admit I feel bad about fast-forwarding through the dying kids bits, but I'm already going to hell for other things, so I might as well keep my finger on that FF button!

I have watched every Comic Relief night since it all began back in the 1980s, and from a pure comedy point of view I think that the 2009 one was the worst yet. Very little to laugh at IMO and not a patch on 2007 yet alone earlier years.

Def.

Quote: Deferenz @ March 16 2009, 12:54 PM GMT

I have watched every Comic Relief night since it all began back in the 1980s, and from a pure comedy point of view I think that the 2009 one was the worst yet. Very little to laugh at IMO and not a patch on 2007 yet alone earlier years.

Def.

Yeah, the clips of those skinny kids weren't funny at all.

Quote: Leevil @ March 16 2009, 12:58 PM GMT

Yeah, the clips of those skinny kids weren't funny at all.

Ooooh! controversial. I was talking in terms of just the comedy elements.

Def.

Nice to see that my earlier comments were totally unfounded and that they changed the format this year.

Except they didn't and it was even more shit then usual. I mean, what could be funnier then celebrities climbing a mountain? Hilarious.

And somebody took the notice off the sign at the top before they got there. It said:

"Chris Moyles is a fat faced overpaid wanker"

Quote: Maurice Minor @ March 16 2009, 2:39 PM GMT

"Chris Moyles is a fat faced overpaid wanker"

Now come on, be fair.

It's not just his face that's fat.

Actually really enjoyed the Gervais/Merchant bit. And Catherine Tate doing a superb turn as the nan, doing her swearing and that.

Not quite the right thread but I didn't want to create a new one just to ask one question.

Trying to find out if 2point4 Children ever did a Comic Relief sketch/ slot/ special.

Someones asked me and I've never heard of it.

Anyone?