Mr Bean

Couldn't see a thread for Bean which surprises me.

Just thought I'd let those interested that there is a show on Paramount Comedy 2 (Sky 128) right now called 'The Story of Bean'. You'll be able to watch in full at midnight on Paramount Comedy 2+1 on Sky 159.

I love Mr Bean, but it never seems to have the appreciation I've been lead to believe in. Pity really, such a brilliant character.

Probably because Blackadder is so different to Bean so people were a bit suprised when Mr Bean wasn't witty or cunning.

I love Mr Bean too as it happens I even liked that slightly rubbish Bean in America film.

Mr. Bean is brilliant. I don't watch it as often as I used to. But I'm always guaranteed a laugh when I do.

Quote: Spagett @ March 1 2009, 1:33 AM GMT

I love Mr Bean too as it happens I even liked that slightly rubbish Bean in America film.

Is America your first language? J/K
What exactly does this mean?

Quote: Jeff the Sepo Johnson @ March 1 2009, 1:56 AM GMT

Is America your first language? J/K
What exactly does this mean?

As in my love for Bean is so strong I even enjoyed the film in which he went to America even though looking back it's a pretty crap film. I was willing to overlook the crapness because I was too busy laughing at him putting his underpants in the oven

I do like the idea of having America as my first language, not English or American even but America.

Quote: Spagett @ March 1 2009, 2:10 AM GMT

As in my love for Bean is so strong I even enjoyed the film in which he went to America even though looking back it's a pretty crap film. I was willing to overlook the crapness because I was too busy laughing at him putting his underpants in the oven

I do like the idea of having America as my first language,not English or American even but America.

Lol, I always thought that was a funny idea, American as a second language. People around here actually say "they are speaking Mexican" it is truly laughable.
I really like Rowen as the narcoleptic in Rat Race that was in Nevada and wasn't crap.

I to love Mr Bean and I have some very happy memories at is was on as I was growing up. My favourite episodes are: The laundrette one. The New Years Party One. The golf one. The hospital one. And of course the classic Back to School one.
Not seen it in a while (it's sad that all we really see of it now is the inferior cartoon series and the inferior two films), not the classic ITV episodes. I really should get down to buying the DVD's, but my wallet is a bit empty at the minute.

The crazy-golf course is about 5-10 minutes drive from here. Love that place. Anyway, Bean - The Ultimate Disaster Movie is great! The face he draws back on the picture, and David's reaction to it, always crack me up. The recent Mr Bean's Holiday isn't quite so good, but still quite funny. My favourite episode is probably the one which starts off in Harrods, and includes the New Year's Eve party. Merry Christmas, Mr Bean, I think.

And I too should get the DVDs. I'm waiting for the release of 'The Complete Beantastic Box Set', which includes both movies, all the 'live' TV episodes, and all of the recent animated ones. It was meant to be released in 2007, but still hasn't made it to the shops. Booo.

That looks like a must buy. When will it be out? Has it got the 'complete' animated, or just selected ones.

I used to love Mr Bean when it was originally on, though I don't think I've watched any since it finished, having watched them to death at the time. I've only seen the first movie though, and thought that was pretty poor.

The big difference between the TV show and the movies is you can't support physical comedy for an hour and a half. I bet if you broke down all the pratt's from the film into neat little 20 min. episodes all would be fine.

I reckon if it had been written by a slightly more cutting edge writer than Richard Curtis it really could have been all time classic - I think they could have given him a bit more of a perosanlity.

Quote: Jack Massey @ March 1 2009, 2:13 PM GMT

That looks like a must buy. When will it be out? Has it got the 'complete' animated, or just selected ones.

Well I did say "all".

Release date is anyone's guess.

What do you think of the animated ones Aaron? I think they're are average.

And what do you mean by 'Live TV Episodes?'