The Detectives

What does everyone think of this 1993-97 series starring Jasper Carratt and Robert Powell?

Personally, I love it and it's in my top ten favourites list.

I love it at the time, but went off Jasper Carrott, (he did make All About Me).

But having refreshed my memory at

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaCmZDGrzuA

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs91zfQgvM4

I would give it another go.

Thanks for posting the link. I've never seen those sketches B4.

It's on Paramount Comedy 2 every night at the moment. Not watched in a while, but bloody funny. :)

Hi

Thanks for them links T.D is Genius!!!

It is, of course, all out on DVD now!

Ah - I think i should invest me-thinks LOL!

As do I. Preferably via clicking on those images. ;)

Sadly, George Sewell died on April 2nd, aged 83.

Ah, I don't think I'd heard about that. Shame. :(

I have all The Detectives DVDs and I think they are fantastic! Not the most belly-laughable sitcom around but still very funny and I have enjoyed watching all the episodes again!

I'm a big fan of Jasper Carrott and infact a few years ago I had to buy a Sony record deck just so I could play my Jasper Carrot LPs I got off of eBay! I even have his autograph (twice actually) on my wall!

Quote: wii_man76 @ June 9, 2007, 6:45 PM

I'm a big fan of Jasper Carrott and infact a few years ago I had to buy a Sony record deck just so I could play my Jasper Carrot LPs I got off of eBay! I even have his autograph (twice actually) on my wall!

Was he decorating your room?

Quote: David Chapman @ June 9, 2007, 8:02 PM

Was he decorating your room?

Well in-between doing 'Rock With Laughter' he does do a bit of home DIY!!!

;)

I see I will have to be a bit more specific in the future. On another unrelated forum I said I had Ronnie Barker on my wall and the replies I got said that was not a very nice thing for me to do!

Of course I am talking about having their autographed photos hanging on my wall ike my Eric Sykes and Norman Lovett.

:)

I got Series 2 yesterday on DVD as I hadn't seen it in about two or three years. Mum and I watched them all in one go. It really is a great series - and Series 2 is my fave! There are so many laughs to be had when Briggs and Louis are around!

We are supposedly "comedy" people so we read things into text that aren't necessarily there.