Al Murray's Multiple Personality Disorder Page 2

I (unexpectedly) enjoyed this too. Barrington Blowtorch the high class safe robber was a highlight, as was the rude footballer and voiceover professionals. In fact most of the sketches were good (excluding pervy dad and camp nazi... both done better elsewhere).

Al Murray suprised me... I thought all the characters were going to be loud-mouth shouty types but he displayed a good range last night.

Only question is... how quickly are they going to start repeating ideas? They've kept back a lot of new characters for next week (the Dragon's Den sketch looks like a highlight) so perhaps it's ok... but 7 weeks requires an awful lot of ideas!

Quote: Lee Henman @ February 28 2009, 2:59 AM GMT

I was even more shocked to see a member of BSG starring in one of the adverts. Who? My lips are sealed. Whistling nnocently

Ja?

Quote: Ian G @ February 28 2009, 11:59 AM GMT

It just made me think of every other sketch show I've ever seen.

And how weak they are in comparison? ;)

I have to say it was very good.

I was surprised because I just wasn't convinced going in that I could see him as anyone but the pub landlord and it was so good that I forgot all about him being the pub landlord.

Looking forward to the next show.

Enjoyed a lot of this show, particularly enjoyed the rude footballer and phone shop sketch, both Simon Brodkin, I think.

Bloody typical that the night this debuts is the night I watch Al Murray live (in Blackburn). Will catch up with it tomorrow - was in two minds initially but sounds quite promising now...

Hmmm...a few trendy comedy-types have got their knickers in a twist about this, calling it "out-dated" and suchlike. I say bollocks. It's refreshing to see a bit of silly, irony-free, non-dark character comedy back on TV again. I sincerely hope it'll be a hit, just to piss all the trendies off.

Amen to that Lee.

Al Murray doesn't 'alf look like Maxwell, from Big Brother 6.

Quote: Lee Henman @ February 28 2009, 10:07 PM GMT

It's refreshing to see a bit of silly, irony-free, non-dark character comedy back on TV again.

:)

Quote: Lee Henman @ February 28 2009, 10:07 PM GMT

I sincerely hope it'll be a hit, just to piss all the trendies off.

:) :)

Name the trendies! Shame them, shame them now!

Yes, enjoyed this one.

Agree with Mark that the safe robber was excellent.

Quote: Nil Putters @ February 27 2009, 10:59 PM GMT

Laughed at one sketch, the phone one.

The young bloke in it was the best thing about it imo.

I sticking with my first impression. I hope I'm a trendy, I've never been trendy before! Just check my wardrobe!

Why do Aaron and Nil Putters have the same avatar? Laughing out loud

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ March 1 2009, 2:10 PM GMT

Why do Aaron and Nil Putters have the same avatar?

:S

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ March 1 2009, 2:10 PM GMT

Why do Aaron and Nil Putters have the same avatar? Laughing out loud

They are obviously not the same - Putters is a photo and Aaron's is a cartoon

Quote: Lee Henman @ February 28 2009, 2:59 AM GMT

I was even more shocked to see a member of BSG starring in one of the adverts. Who? My lips are sealed. Whistling nnocently

Wave