Ever Decreasing Circles

Ever Decreasing Circles. Image shows from L to R: Martin Bryce (Richard Briers), Paul Ryman (Peter Egan), Ann Bryce (Penelope Wilton). Copyright: BBC.

Ever Decreasing Circles

Martin's self-important world is about to crumble when a charismatic new neighbour tramples all over his kingdom

Jack Massey

• Wednesday 25th February 2009, 11:47pm [Edited]
  • England
  • 2,965 posts

I've noticed the complete DVD of this is £15 on Play.com (RRP £40), I've never seen it, but it looks really good. I'm a big fan of Richard Briers and of Esmonde & Larbey. In a few weeks when I've got a bit more cash I'm thinking of getting it. Has anyone else seen it and if so can tell me is it worth buying?

Aaron

• Thursday 26th February 2009, 12:02am
  • Royal Berkshire, England
  • 68,390 posts

Cheaper on Amazon!

I've heard nothing but good things about the show. Tempted to buy it myself.

Product artwork - buy at Amazon
Buy at Amazon
[p=http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/3299665/Product.html]
[h=608127]

Dene Kernohan

• Thursday 26th February 2009, 1:36am
  • Northern Ireland
  • 103 posts

One of the best British sitcoms ever IMO, well worth a look!

Watched a few eps earlier in the week, for the first time in ages, and had a blast. Terrific idea, brilliant scripts, perfect cast.

The Rook

• Thursday 26th February 2009, 2:27am
  • Leeds, England
  • 670 posts

Just come on from pub and I am 3 sheets to the wind. I have done many things in this condition, most of 'em wrong, but somehow £15 for EDC just seems so right. Tomorrow morning, when my head is banging and I'm on the way to a 9am lecture I shall be rejoycing in the fact that I have just got EDC for £15 off Amazon! Salute!

Jane P

• Thursday 26th February 2009, 2:56am
  • Chichester, England
  • 1,071 posts

Thanks for the tip/ reminder.

I loved this show when it came out - Harold and Hilda et al.

£15 is a bargain, although for an extra £10 you can buy a used copy!?

I opted for a nice new one thanks!

Happy viewing.

Jx

Oldrocker

• Thursday 26th February 2009, 4:26am
  • Near my beloved Black Country in Wolverhampton, England
  • 13,416 posts

Absolutely 100% buy it !

Wonderful stuff ! The relationship between the three main characters is great . . will she? Won't she? Has she? Hasn't she?

I am in love with Penelope Wilton and I don't care who knows it ! Especially Penny .. If you're not doing anything Pen . give us a ring . . GSOH, NS, 60+, WTM sit com star . . . . .. :P

swerytd

• Thursday 26th February 2009, 1:53pm
  • Guildford, England
  • 7,524 posts

It's, quite simply, brilliant. I got it for £23 and I thought *I* was getting a bargain, so £15 makes it almost worth getting another!

Ricky Gervais rates it as one of his all-time favourites (if not all-time favourite??) sitcom. Not that that has any relevance whatsoever, to be honest, but I figure he knows his comedy beans...

Dan

john lucas 101

• Thursday 26th February 2009, 2:33pm
  • England
  • 7,098 posts

Jack, I have long been a fan of EDC and myself bought the set from Play at 14.99. It really is a superb show, certainly under-rated. Those who like the show really do love it. I would put it in my top ten UK sitcoms, I think.

So, if you haven't already, buy it! You are very unlikely to be disappointed.

bigfella

• Thursday 26th February 2009, 4:03pm
  • Elsewear, England
  • 7,972 posts

I've been watching it again on GOLD.

Howard and Hilda are just pure class!

chipolata

• Thursday 26th February 2009, 4:38pm
  • England
  • 29,781 posts

Classic show. Martin Bryce is one of the great sitcom characters, although I never really understand why his wife stayed with him, especially when there was a cool chap next door gagging for her.

The Rook

• Thursday 26th February 2009, 10:25pm
  • Leeds, England
  • 670 posts

I had this crazy dream last night that I ahd come in from the pub drunk and ordered EDC from Amazon for £15.

Balf

• Thursday 26th February 2009, 11:03pm
  • Scotland
  • 1,190 posts

[quote name="Aaron" post="377434" date="February 25 2009, 7:02 PM GMT"]Cheaper on Amazon!

I've heard nothing but good things about the show. Tempted to buy it myself.

Product artwork - buy at Amazon
Buy at Amazon
[p=http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/3299665/Product.html]
[h=608127][/quote]
Is that guy wearing a white polo neck with a brown leather jacket? And she fancied him? Madness!

chipolata

• Friday 27th February 2009, 3:13pm
  • England
  • 29,781 posts
Quote: Balf @ February 26 2009, 6:03 PM GMT

Is that guy wearing a white polo neck with a brown leather jacket? And she fancied him? Madness!

I think he looks quite dashing. I might try the polo neck/leather jacket look myself.

swerytd

• Friday 27th February 2009, 3:32pm
  • Guildford, England
  • 7,524 posts

I always imagined you had no other look. Though it's all black and you're never without a pipe...

Dan

The Rook

• Friday 27th February 2009, 10:37pm
  • Leeds, England
  • 670 posts

Think once, think twice, think BIKE!