Worst 10 British sitcoms ever Page 22

Quote: marac @ 19th July 2017, 4:54 PM

To be honest I have not seen every sitcom.

That IS funny!

Him and Her was sublime. The writing was the best observational comedy (as was Mum by the same writer) I have watched in years.
Anyone mention My Family. I know it was popular but not in my house :) I think it was the constant canned laughter at the 'none jokes

The problem with a "worst" list is that you can only even start to consider those you have actually seen - and, furthermore, recall.

I mean... Are you being served, One foot in the grave, 'allo 'allo. Are they really worse than, for instance, "The Wright Way", which nobody seems to have mentioned here, Big Top or Life of Riley to name but three. And doubtless there are dozens worse than that, which no one has seen or recalls.

Quote: MarkyL @ 5th August 2017, 2:48 AM

For what it's worth, below are my nominations in no particular order.
2. Miranda
10. My Hero

Wow Ab Fab and Men behaving badly on your list. Maybe its a cultural thing ? I get the rest, especially My Hero.

I'm shocked that Miranda hits so many lists, the reviews for her shows were phenomenal. She gets 8/10 on IMDb and 8.8 on ITV ratings. Is she the working man's equivalent of Chekhov ? Both loved by their own and derided by their polar opposite ? Mind you her tit clapping joke, even thought its been over exposed, beats any Checkhov joke surely ?

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 5th August 2017, 9:59 AM

The problem with a "worst" list is that you can only even start to consider those you have actually seen.

Good point Billy, I tend to give something 5 minutes before forgetting about it. So this thread is the worst of the best maybe ?

When one looks at the talent of the assembled cast of Still Open All Hours I can only say- what were you thinking? The actors are fine but are let down by a dreadfully shoddy collection of "scripts". Are they the leftovers from Barker era Open All Hours and dog ends of Last Of The Summer Wine?
Downtrodden weak willed men?. Check.
Stern and sourfaced housewives?. Check.
Stereotyped northerners?.check.
Predictable "jokes"? Check.
Outdated 70s Roy Clarke garbage? Check.

Quote: paulted @ 5th August 2017, 7:08 PM

When one looks at the talent of the assembled cast of Still Open All Hours I can only say- what were you thinking? The actors are fine but are let down by a dreadfully shoddy collection of "scripts". Are they the leftovers from Barker era Open All Hours and dog ends of Last Of The Summer Wine?
Downtrodden weak willed men?. Check.
Stern and sourfaced housewives?. Check.
Stereotyped northerners?.check.
Predictable "jokes"? Check.
Outdated 70s Roy Clarke garbage? Check.

Sacrilege. Burn the blasphemer!

Quote: Aaron @ 5th August 2017, 8:00 PM

Sacrilege. Burn the blasphemer!

No! Raise him on high - I agree with everything he says.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 6th August 2017, 12:17 AM

No! Raise him on high - I agree with everything he says.

BUILD THE PYRE HIGHER!

Quote: Firkin @ 5th August 2017, 10:25 AM

So this thread is the worst of the best maybe ?

Perverse logic but the fact a sitcom gets a mention at all is a compliment - it's created a reaction instead of disappearing. Nobody believes me but when I do stand-up I actually prefer a negative reaction (good thing really) to a polite titter from a chum.
As Oscar Wilde said: 'There is only one thing worse than being talked about behind one's back - and that is Mrs Brown's Boys. F**k, is it bad.'

1.Miranda. (Just simply embarrassing and cringeworthy.
2. Absolutely Fabulous (Really don't like the characters in the show, and can only watch an episode of this for 5 minutes.)
3 Sorry: (This is unwatchable, the characters do get on your nerves after a while.)
4. Last of the Summer Wine after Compo died. (The show seriously went downhill after he had left and should have ended there.
5. Mrs Brown's Boys: (I really don't know, how people watch this. It's cheap, boring and unpleasant to watch.)
6. Citizen Khan: (Same as Mrs Brown Boys. I don't know why people would observe it. It's unfunny at all!)
7. Waiting for God. (I find this absolutely boring to watch.)
8. To the Manor Born. (I genuinely don't like this, why on earth would someone have a butler in a narrow house?)
9. Birds of a Feather. (Again, I really don't like this at all, and find it boring.)
10. My Family. (simply Boring, after Nick Left)
So what do you think of my list.

Boring.

Quote: Wheel @ 7th January 2018, 6:44 PM

1.Miranda. (Just simply embarrassing and cringeworthy.
2. Absolutely Fabulous (Really don't like the characters in the show, and can only watch an episode of this for 5 minutes.)
3 Sorry: (This is unwatchable, the characters do get on your nerves after a while.)
4. Last of the Summer Wine after Compo died. (The show seriously went downhill after he had left and should have ended there.
5. Mrs Brown's Boys: (I really don't know, how people watch this. It's cheap, boring and unpleasant to watch.)
6. Citizen Khan: (Same as Mrs Brown Boys. I don't know why people would observe it. It's unfunny at all!)
7. Waiting for God. (I find this absolutely boring to watch.)
8. To the Manor Born. (I genuinely don't like this, why on earth would someone have a butler in a narrow house?)
9. Birds of a Feather. (Again, I really don't like this at all, and find it boring.)
10. My Family. (simply Boring, after Nick Left)
So what do you think of my list.

Agree with 2, 4 and 10.

Mrs Brown's Boys I hated at first but it grew on me.

Quote: marac @ 8th January 2018, 3:55 PM

Mrs Brown's Boys I hated at first but it grew on me.

Other way round for me. It got to the point where I wondered WTF I was watching it for.

I'll stand up for MBBs.
I'm probably influenced by the fact that I trod the boards darling as a lad.
For years I was in the local town hall's annual pantomime.
The best part was always when someone fluffed or forgot their lines and cues.
The audience then, as now, loved it when this happened.

MBBs is meant to be just a pantomime. I mean - the principle girl is a boy.

But pantomimes are funny.