Top 10 British sitcoms ever Page 3

Quite interesting to see just how highly a lot of people regard Peep Show.

No one's mentioned the Boosh!

There's a reason for that.

The Boosh is good, but not worthy of a Top 10. 20 definitely, 15 maybe, 10 - no.

Quote: Aaron @ February 19 2009, 8:48 PM GMT

It were not.

It so was. Just done in a different way to your usual.

Quote: Aaron @ February 19 2009, 8:56 PM GMT

Quite interesting to see just how highly a lot of people regard Peep Show.

'Cos it's brill.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ February 19 2009, 9:16 PM GMT

It so was.

Wasn't.

Whistling nnocently

Quote: shaggy292 @ February 19 2009, 9:17 PM GMT

Wasn't.

Whistling nnocently

In what possible way wasn't it though? I'm utterly bemused that anyone could think it was anything BUT a sketch show. Like I say, first two series at least. Yes, the sketches all took place in a set location, yes, all the sketches, or at least many of them, had running stories, or characters, because they were set in the same location, who could cross into other strands-but they were sketches-! Sketches!!

Quote: Matthew Stott @ February 19 2009, 9:20 PM GMT

Yes, the sketches all took place in a set location, yes, all the sketches, or at least many of them, had running stories, or characters, because they were set in the same location, who could cross into other strands

No further questions, m'lud.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ February 19 2009, 9:20 PM GMT

In what possible way wasn't it though? I'm utterly bemused that anyone could think it was anything BUT a sketch show. Like I say, first two series at least. Yes, the sketches all took place in a set location, yes, all the sketches, or at least many of them, had running stories, or characters, because they were set in the same location, who could cross into other strands-but they were sketches-! Sketches!!

Or we could just agree it was a sketch-sitcom hybrid and all be good friends?

Thanks for your boldness Aaron.

To say that it was 'sketch humour', fair enough (so far as they - or most of them - would just about work as isolated scenes). But they were presented in a structured, linear format. I.e. a SITCOM.

I think of it as a sitcom. Just an unusual one.

Say what you will, but you're wrong. I bet-I BET-if you were to ask the writers what it was, they would say a sketch show. Because it was one. So there.

The zooo has spoken. *praises*

Quote: Aaron @ February 19 2009, 9:28 PM GMT

The zooo has spoken. *praises*

The Zooo ocasionally gets things wrong. What things are up to us all to decide upon on our own.