Burnistoun Page 4

Have to agree with you. It was a total waste of time. Overlong sketches, that weren't funny in the first place. The moth in the mouth one was funny.

... yup, apart from the moth in the mouth, the long sketch where he eventually kicks the guy on the street up the bum and maybe "quality poalis" .... very little sticks in my mind as funny material, that you carry around with you all day long!

All the best,
Cal :)

Well, I widnae mind a ScarePie . . . also enjoyed the folk singer listing his crimes to the inevitable conclusion . . .

Yup, on reflection, the folk singer was a pretty decent sketch!

(so I guess you could say, that clip didn't bomb! ... I'll get me coat)

All the best,

Liked his name too . . . Dreich!

I loved last week's 'Heard it' sketch, and enjoyed the Time Traveller and Epiphany Continuum sketches this week.

First I've heard of time travel being used to "Bam" your younger self up . . .

"Quality Poalis" is growing on me weekly, so there is promise on that sketch. I also liked the "heard it" sketch and a couple of others here and there.

I still feel they need to drop some experiment sketches and build on what's already good and could become really good!!!

As I mentioned earlier, I hope they bring back "The Burnistoun Herald" and a couple of other Series 1 sketches. Pound for pound, I still think that Series 1 had more consistent laughs and slightly better material ... but hope I can eat my words in the coming weeks?

All the best.

Loved the Indian delivery sketch . . . £15.20!

Well, that's Episode 4 been and gone!!

I still can't help feeling that something is missing and the avalanche of new sketches are skimming past, with very little lasting memories of "good bits".

Most of the first 20 mins, just seemed to come and go ... until we reached "BunnetCatcher" .. then this and the following 2-3 sketches really turned things around!!!!

BunnetCatcher, The Clothesline, Bond Sketch and "Two Guys Dinner - £15.20" were really good .. and although a proud Scotsman myself, I think the English Accent by Q sounded SPOT ON!!!

Stepping aside from the episode review, I think these lads are VERY TALENTED, not just in comedy acting, but in my ears, they both have above average signing voices!!!

P.S. Nice to see the review clip "Fifteen Year!! - Just Tell mi wan hing you've dun!!"

All the best,

Episode 5 viewed and my thoughts are much the same as last week!

Too many new sketches being thrown at us like a flicker pad. It's not giving us enough time to relate to a sketch, as you typically do when you see it develop from episode to episode (for example: biscuity boil - Toshie and McGregor etc etc)

In my honest opinion, I think they are going backwards, even although they are showing more versatility. Like I've said before, there is no doubt, these people can act ... but as a sketch show, it doesn't seem to leave any lasting impression.

Oh well, see what they can produce in Episode 6 I guess ... a little disappointed with the overall series.

All the best,

Quote: SivoxII @ May 3 2011, 6:29 AM BST

Episode 5 viewed and my thoughts are much the same as last week!

Too many new sketches being thrown at us like a flicker pad. It's not giving us enough time to relate to a sketch, as you typically do when you see it develop from episode to episode (for example: biscuity boil - Toshie and McGregor etc etc)

In my honest opinion, I think they are going backwards, even although they are showing more versatility. Like I've said before, there is no doubt, these people can act ... but as a sketch show, it doesn't seem to leave any lasting impression.

Oh well, see what they can produce in Episode 6 I guess ... a little disappointed with the overall series.

All the best,

I can't disagree with this.

The last two episodes have been a bit below par - like they are relying more on performance than material to get laughs, and while the performances are always good it can't make up for the poor material and sometimes horrible punchlines.

Having said that, it is still one of the better shows on the box at the mo' so it's easy to forgive a wee dip in quality. Let's hope the series ends with a return to form.

Bo.

Disappointing series. The first series was brilliant; this, not so much. The sketches are overlong, the politician one last night for example. The Archibald Faulds sketch had potential but just fell flat. I've noticed that they seem to have gone far more "Scottish" in this series, in respect to the sketch ideas. I think this is down to them wanting to garner a bigger audience in Scotland, swapping the surreal stuff from the first series to the " Scottishness " of the current one. In the battle of the Scottish Sketch shows, Limmy's Show is without a doubt the runaway winner. I'm still looking forward to the final episode next week!

As quoted from the Daily Record on the front page, it looks as though Limey's Show, Burnistoun and Gary: Tank Commander may get a network airing . . . although it looks like it will be a digital airing on BBC3 and not on the network proper . . .

Sorry, you lost me?

All the best,