Burnistoun Page 2

Yildy!

Quote: swerytd @ April 12 2010, 9:40 PM BST

Just watched the last one of this. It was ace.

Great series all around. Gonna be hard to pip this for best sketch show in the BCG awards. Shame not many will have seen it.

The whole series was awesome wasn't it. I particularly loved the Burnistoun Butcher. I doubt it will gain many votes in the end-of-year awards though, what with it having been tucked away on BBC Scotland, but we can always hope.

It definitely should get a nationwide repeat. BBC Two is desperately looking for a new hit sketch show, but it so far seems to have failed to notice its Scottish arm has one ready to go!

Particularly like the 'Wayne Rooneys of this world' sketch in the final episode. Awesome.

Dan

Yeah, how can I comment on Burnistoun???

Well, one sketch I liked, the next I didn't, one episode I liked, the next I didn't, one character I liked, the next I didn't.

Having watched some episodes back, I liked what I didn't before, or disliked something which appeared funny the first time around.

Confused? ... well, all in all, it was a hit or miss. Sparks of genius, then sketches which were pretty lame.

In Episode 1, I loved the Ice Cream van "gee thi man eas Salty & Vinegary crisps!" ... but after return visits to this sketch in future episodes, it became pretty annoying "anywaaay".

Kelly was annoying at first, but grew on me on later episodes (especially the guy calling her "doll" in the pub)

The Burnistoun herald was hot & cold, but loved the story building episode and the other explaining "digital form".

Other rare sketches I liked included .. the guy leaving the house to escape the door-2-door salesman and of course, in the lift with voice recognition "Ellllleven" and of course "Jinga throwing" Scot/American comparisons ... now that was class.

I hope they do a second series, but the need to streamline what worked and what didn't.

All the best,
Cal :)

Yay! Recommissioned! :) https://www.comedy.co.uk/news/story/00000335/bbc_scotland_reorders_3_shows/

Did anybody see Gary -- Tank Commander? I wanted to but it passed me by for some reason.

Dan

Hoorah. Didn't see Gary The Tank Commander but Limmy and Burnistoun were both brilliant. Tickled my funny buds much more than recent English TV sketchage.

I've still not got around to watching any of them. Will have to if they've been reordered. *cracks whip over own back*

Okay, so it's a brand new year and I'm craving some more Burnistoun.

I was correct in my earlier analysis, although the more I watch it, the funnier I find "average" sketches on several viewings (if that makes sense)

Flat Caps & Cat Flaps, now there is a notion!! lololol

All the best,
Cal :)

P.S. I hope in this new series, they also talk like a "real guy" and don't put up with snash fae thi wee wide-oas!!!!! ... go on, butcher it Burnistoun style!!!!

Best of Special went out on Monday and the 2nd series will go out (for viewers in Scotland) in the Mrs Brown slot . . .

Cool! iPlayer for me then. Should be nationwide, this show. It's excellent.

Dan

I don't see why Scotland only shows like this and Limmy couldn't be, at the very least, shown late on BBC 3 or something, instead of endless Family Guy re-runs. Doesn't our licence fee pay for them? If so, why aren't they shown down here?

Quote: Matthew Stott @ March 30 2011, 9:19 PM BST

I don't see why Scotland only shows like this and Limmy couldn't be, at the very least, shown late on BBC 3 or something, instead of endless Family Guy re-runs. Doesn't our licence fee pay for them? If so, why aren't they shown down here?

The network doesn't want these Scottish shows unless they've proven really successful for years in Scotland and maybes they'll sneak doon south like Still Game did . . .