Burnistoun

The pilot for this was advertised last night. Looks to be another location themed sketch show jumping on the League of Gentlemen, Little Britain, band wagon. Also the small town Scotland aspect looks a bit like the old Stoneybridge sketches from Absolutely.

I hope that it's really good because it's been ages since something funny came out of Scotland.

Can a powerful person move this thread if it's considered a sitcom please.

We're classifying it as a sketch show.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/burnistoun/

And LoG is a sitcom. Just about.

Quote: Aaron @ February 19 2009, 3:47 PM GMT

And LoG is a sitcom.

Apart from the first two series. *ducks*

Well the 'com' is questionable I suppose, yes.

I will put you on the naughty step.

Burnistoun started its series run last week. It is available on BBC iPlayer. I'd highly recommend it. It is very funny.

Bo.

Yeah, that was good. Liked the Jinga bottle thrower, especially the American remake '2 litres of Justice', and the guys with the baseball bats and Jesus doing a remix.

I enjoyed it, my iPlayer packed in with a few minutes to go, but I'll try to keep up with the series.

I just watched the first episode of this on iPlayer. It was *so* funny. I laughed lots and lots and lots. Especially the 'cat's memory' sketch :D

Thoroughly recommended.

Dan

Best sketch show I've seen for yonks. Very very funny.

Yeah, I'm really enjoying this sketch show too. The single-issue MP sketch in episode one was particularly great.

I didn't enjoy the second episode as much as the first.
But it was still pretty good.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ March 15 2010, 11:07 AM GMT

I didn't enjoy the second episode as much as the first.
But it was still pretty good.

Interestingly, or perhaps not, I was t'other way round. I did watch the second episode first though. Either way. There's some great ideas matched with very strong performances. And they're funny together. Good stuff flowing out of from Scotland at the moment. Limmy's show being a good'un as well.

Just watched the last one of this. It was ace.

Great series all around. Gonna be hard to pip this for best sketch show in the BCG awards. Shame not many will have seen it.

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ April 12 2010, 9:40 PM BST

Just watched the last one of this. It was ace.

Great series all around. Gonna be hard to pip this for best sketch show in the BCG awards. Shame not many will have seen it.

Dan

x2.

Apart from the 'Dan' bit...