Hi-De-Hi! Page 2

it was the episode where they also had a competition to find the couple with the best teeth and they presented both prizes on the night with Peggy being the shoe in for Miss Sanilav and Spike and Gladys winning the tooth paste competition, I think it's the same episode where Diane's body measurements are given as '30 - 30 and 30' by Ted. Laughing out loud

Why did Croft and Perry make Jeffrey Fairbrother an archaeologist? That doesn't make much sense to me. Why would a money grabbing bastard such as Joe Maplin hire an archaeology professor for the job of an entertainment manager? Why not an expert for economy?
Did they give an explanation in the first episode that slipped my attention?

I seem to remember it was mentioned in passing that because Joe Maplin was uneducated he felt it would add a touch of class to have one of his camps run by an ex university man.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 29th January 2015, 8:16 PM GMT

I seem to remember it was mentioned in passing that because Joe Maplin was uneducated he felt it would add a touch of class to have one of his camps run by an ex university man.

Yes, but why not an economics professor or a lawyer?

I suppose because to Joe Maplin anyone who had an uni. education was good enough he didn't think beyond that.

Anyway, if they are ever going to make a Hi-De-Hi movie Hugh Grant has to play the role of Jeffrey.

You can live in hope. ;)

Just got bbc2 schedules for 7-13th Feb, looks like the "un pc brigade, are at work Hi-De-Hi-No Dog's Allowed is being left out for some reason why can't they leave this brilliant comedy alone.

Quote: george roper @ 29th January 2015, 10:38 PM GMT

Just got bbc2 schedules for 7-13th Feb, looks like the "un pc brigade, are at work Hi-De-Hi-No Dog's Allowed is being left out for some reason why can't they leave this brilliant comedy alone.

What?

I think he means that they're skipping over one of the episodes in the upcoming repeat run, and not showing it.

Yes that's right Aaron, that's what I was trying to say.

Your sentence was perfectly intelligible, George. At least to me.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 30th January 2015, 9:31 PM GMT

Your sentence was perfectly intelligible, George. At least to me.

Ditto.

This sort of thing was common in the 50s, it's a post war officer class thing, the the degree subject doesn't matter as much the fact the man in charge was from trad British breeding stock.

He went to Cambridge, that was more than enough qualification to run the place. And like Herc says he had a touch of class about him. One of the great sitcom performances from Cadel IMO, much missed actor.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 1st February 2015, 6:33 AM GMT

This sort of thing was common in the 50s, it's a post war officer class thing, the the degree subject doesn't matter as much the fact the man in charge was from trad British breeding stock.

Thanks. I bet it's different these days. You have to prove you can make money out of nothing and know how to exploit the staff...not something you'd associate with an archaeologist

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 1st February 2015, 6:33 AM GMT

He went to Cambridge, that was more than enough qualification to run the place. And like Herc says he had a touch of class about him. One of the great sitcom performances from Cadel IMO, much missed actor.

I didn't like him much at the beginning but grew to appreciate him as the show went on. I was really disappointed when he left. I wonder why I haven't seen him in other shows of that decade.