Hi-De-Hi!

I am sure I can recall an episode when Peggy was Miss Sanilav (or something similar!) Can anyone enlighten me? Please help, before I go as potty as Miss Ollerenshaw herself? :D

The only possible explanation is you are getting it mixed up with the sitcom Oh Doctor Beeching! (which starred Hi-De-Hi! stars Paul Shane, Jeffrey Holland and of course Miss Ollerenshaw herself, Su Pollard). Pollard played a character in this sitcom called Ethel SCHUMANN, are you possibly getting it mixed up with that. I can assure you that Su Pollard appeared in every episode of Hi-De-Hi! as Peggy Ollerenshaw.

Quote: Jack Massey @ February 16 2009, 11:02 AM GMT

Su Pollard

God she's annoying.

Nothing wrong with Su Pollard.

I too find her annoying, but the two sitcoms she appears in (Hi-De-Hi! and You Rang, M'Lord?), she is one of a large cast of great characters, so the other characters make up for her annoyance. I really like Paul Shane in both Hi-De-Hi! and You Rang, M'Lord?. I also really like Fred, Barry and of course Mr Partridge in Hi-De-Hi! and I really like Lord Meldrum, Teddy, Mrs Lipton, Constable Wilson and Lady Lavender in You Rang, M'Lord?.

YRML is probably one of the most underrated shows ever in the world of sitcom, in my opinion.

Agreed, I liked it very much. Move to Hungary as it has a cult following there and is always repeated. Either that or buy the DVDs, like I did.

I can remember a day (long long ago) when I assumed that Su Pollard was the ultimate method actress, able to throw a lifetime of intense pain and suffering and thwarted ambition into creating and moulding the challenging, complicated role of Peggy Olleranshaw. She seemed the only person who could have breathed life into the role, the only person whose boundless skills and ability could possibly interpret the part.

Sadly she wasn't acting even in the slightest, and is actually more insane, loud, batty and annoying in real life than anything Croft and Perry could possibly have dreamt up.

Surprised nobody's mentioned this. Hi-De-Hi actor and warm up man extra-ordinaire Felix Bowness has disappeared with Swayze and Floyd into the ether.

A very entertaining performer, I thought. RIP.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8255264.stm

Quote: john lucas 101 @ September 16 2009, 8:28 AM BST

Surprised nobody's mentioned this. Hi-De-Hi actor and warm up man extra-ordinaire Felix Bowness has disappeared with Swayze and Floyd into the ether.

A very entertaining performer, I thought. RIP.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8255264.stm

Yes sad loss. I'll had him to my dead comedy star thread at some point.

His performance as Fred was beautifully played. R.I.P.

RIP Indeed Felix.

I've only just recently seen some of the show. Good. Good performance. RIP. Yeah.

Just seen this, RIP. He sent me a letter once in reply to something I had been working on for a while. He was very kind and sent a long letter about his time in the war, HDH etc etc. Very sweet man, although his handwriting was poor.

He was mostly a warm up man at the BBC. He has appeared in Dad's Army and had a semi-regular role in You Rang M'Lord. He also played Gay Gordon in an episode of Porridge.