We Need Answers Page 2

Quote: Lazzard @ January 19 2010, 11:11 PM GMT

I grow weary of post-modern irony - that's all.

Here's me thinking it was just nice and silly!

It's sort of okay, but... I don't know, it feels to me like one of those cheapo late night shows you'd see in the early hours about ten or fifteen years ago. It's nice enough, but there's nothing inherently special about it. IMO.

The chair coming out out the wall was very remeniscent of Remote Control, featuring Tony Wilson and Frank Sidebottom.

In fact, the whole show reminded me of the kind of thing that would be on at 6pm on Channel 4 or DefII, circa 1991.

Not bad, but not exactly groundbreaking - And agree that it does not need three presenters.

I loved the late-night shambolicness of it.
It felt like only I was watching, and I mean that in a good way, I used to feel the same about Vic Reeves Big Night Out (and, I agree, Frank Sidebottom) yeeeears ago.

It doesn't need three presenters, it's true. But if it didn't have one of them it wouldn't work as well. Explain that.

I like it.

But I confess I didn't like this episode as much as usual (I think it's a Sue Perkins thing - she was trying too hard to be wacky and the "game" suits people playing it properly).

I'm also not keen on the development of the audience singing along to "Let's Meet the Contestants" (and being shown doing so).

Shooting Stars has 3 presenters, plus 3 regulars. That seems to work okay too.

Shooting Stars was different as Vic & Bob count as one entity! And Georgey Dawes only appeared for a small amount per show.

Even mentioning Shooting Stars in the same thread about We Need Answers is comedic blasphemy!

It's great, love watching it, can tolerate Mark Watson on it.

The only annoying thing is the singing of Let's Meet The Contestants

Quote: Chopz @ January 21 2010, 3:15 PM GMT

It's great, love watching it, can tolerate Mark Watson on it.

The only annoying thing is the singing of Let's Meet The Contestants

That's exactly what I feel.

I do not get this programme. Quite, quite strange. I agree with chipolata, and whoever said that it left them feeling 'cold'.

Plus - although I'm sure they're perfectly nice, normal people the rest of the time - the three guys just come across as massive twats.