WRITERS WANTED for MySpace Comedy Page 2

Quote: ContainsNuts @ February 6 2009, 4:32 PM GMT

That's what a spoof is by the way.

No need for condescension. I just didn't like it because it's loud, too long and trying too hard to be edgy.

No offense, dashcroft, but have you heard the rant they're sending up? It is loud, too long and edgy. I'm not sure how one would spoof it without drawing some parallels.

Quote: David Bussell @ February 6 2009, 4:48 PM GMT

No offense, dashcroft, but have you heard the rant they're sending up? It is loud, too long and edgy. It would be hard to spoof without drawing some parallels at least.

Sorry Dashcroft, that wasn't meant to be condescending :), but I agree with The Bussell here.

You're right, guys, I suppose I have to admit I was being a bit thick there. A slice of humble pie seems to be in order. :$

The idea might have been simple but the execution was exemplary.

Bridging the ispiration/implementation divide seamlessly.

:)

Quote: Dashcroft @ February 6 2009, 5:11 PM GMT

You're right, guys, I suppose I have to admit I was being a bit thick there. A slice of humble pie seems to be in order. :$

Group hug :D

Quote: ContainsNuts @ February 6 2009, 5:18 PM GMT

Group hug :D

Aw. Wave

This is the bestest part of the bestest forum in the world. ;) :P

Quote: SlagA @ February 6 2009, 5:34 PM GMT

This is the bestest part of the bestest forum in the world. ;) :P

Yeh - and a funny thing happened to me on the way to it.

Is that Christian Bale skit really aimed at 12-year-olds?

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ February 8 2009, 4:08 PM GMT

Is that Christian Bale skit really aimed at 12-year-olds?

Say what?

Er... what?

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ February 8 2009, 5:07 PM GMT

Er... what?

Well, err, what d'you think? Was that a subtle way of slating the sketch is what I meant.

I think it was reference to the OP's statement that the sketches should be aimed at 12-21 year olds. Maybe Kevin thought it was a bit adult for 12 year olds???

I wasn't slating it. I laughed at it.

The original post says that Myspace targets this stuff at people aged 12 to 21, and this Bale vid was given as an example of what is wanted. It just seemed a little strong for the lower end of that demographic, that's all.