New Minder

Oh Gawd mah san! This starts tonight on Five at 9.00pm

I loved Minder and out of a sense of respect I'll tune in but I have to say that I feel uneasy - very uneasy.

Stars Shane Richie & Rex Shrapnel.

Give me a VAT and make it quick.

Oh my good Gawd!

Apologies if there's a thread for this already but I couldn't see it if there is.

From the advert, I'd say it's going to be absolute shit.

I won't be watching.

At least he's not supposed to be Arthur - so it's not a remake as such.

Oh is he not?

It clashes with Generation Kill which I'll be watching instead.

Isn't he like Archie Daley or something? I'll probably watch. I reckon it might be quite funny.

Alfie perhaps. :)

Well actually...you know when you expect a step to be there but it isn't and you stumble?

This was all right really. If it had nothing to do with Minder then as a stand alone thing it wouldn't have been too bad.

I did struggle with some of it though, in particular SR's character. He seemed to be neither one thing nor the other and also the dialogue was a bit staccato and lacked genuine flow.

Might have just been me but it sounded like SR had his mouth full of marbles because I often found it difficult to understand what he was saying.

All in all though I would watch it again and in a funny sort of way I thought it was a closer match to the original than when Waterman left to be replaced with Gary Webster.

Arthur was of course conspicuous by his absence, SR's character not even a close substitute and the policewoman...arghhh!

But as a first go then 6/10.

Lex Shrapnel!

Lex flipping Shrapnel?

Who has a name like that?

Quote: sootyj @ February 4 2009, 8:08 PM GMT

It clashes with Generation Kill which I'll be watching instead.

GENERATION KILL: Don't have satellite. However, I've just received (yesterday) all 7 episodes copied on to DVDs for free - is it as good as they're all saying it is?

(Forgot the new Minder was tonight.)

Edited by Aaron - grammar.

Quote: zooo @ February 4 2009, 10:23 PM GMT

Lex Shrapnel!

Lex flipping Shrapnel?

Who has a name like that?

Funny you should ask Zooo but there's this actor bloke and he's called:

Rex Shrapnel.

I think it's because he's explosive Yah gedditt? :D

PS I think it could be a made up one!
;) ;)

Quote: Blenkinsop @ February 4 2009, 10:28 PM GMT

Funny you should ask Zooo but there's this actor bloke and he's called:

Rex Shrapnel.

Does he get a lot of bit parts?

Is it being repeated?

The trailers made it look like it'd be shot by some media students.

The mentioned something about it being available on the 5 player? or summink like that.

Edit

It's called Demand 5 and is accessible though the 5 site. Looks as if registration is required but I think there is no charge (could be wrong about that)