I've Never Seen Star Wars

I've tried a new experience - listening to I've Never Seen Star Wars. Marks out of 10 - 10!

I thought it was great. Funny, entertaining, and new - especially Barry Cryer attempting to sing one song to the tune of the same song.

Quote: Griff @ February 3 2011, 10:16 PM GMT

I've never seen Larry Sanders. Or The Prisoner.

There you go, Griff.

:D

This thread looks a bit weird since Griff deleted his posts.

Anyway, a good start to the new series earlier with Ian Hislop buying jeans and playing Grand Theft Auto IV. :D

Just listening to the second episode on iPlayer. Skinner's on form as usual.

Anyone else listen to this? This thread's gonna look a bit weird if it's just me talking to myself (again).

Laughing out loud

I'll give it a listen when I remember. The Ian Hislop one was quite good.

Wooo!

Bit of a slap in the face to Brigstocke?

These 4 Extra early premieres are really beginning to grate.

I enjoy this series. Unless you're Stuart Maconie or someone similar everyone can identify with having something everyone else has seen, done or read apart from yourself.

Mine would be Harry Potter.

I have been preodered yesterday

I've always enjoyed listening to this show, it's nice to see another side to many of the guests.

Dave Gorman in last nights episode, had never had a job outside of comedy - and hence never a watercooler moment, never rode a horse, never read any of Charles Dickens and never visited a strip club.

As many of his shows/books are based around bizarre challenges he's must be the perfect guest for this show. Thats probably his next four books/shows sorted. A funny 30 minutes.

Both Brigstocke and Gorman were painfully Right-On in disingenuously claiming they couldn't understand the point of a strip club.

Quote: Nogget @ January 9 2013, 1:54 PM GMT

Both Brigstocke and Gorman were painfully Right-On in disingenuously claiming they couldn't understand the point of a strip club.

I didn't get that impression at all, in fact Dave Gorman was at pains to say that he had nothing against the idea of a strip club and was okay with women earning money from stripping but he just didn't get why men would want to watch it.

It all sounded like post-rationalisation to me. I don't think it's very hard to understand why men might want to see strippers.