Oh, No! Not Them! - US Pilot

According to Wikipedia, after The Young Ones had finished in the UK the Fox network were looking at making a US version of the show. A pilot episode was made and the show was called Oh, No! Not Them!. It stared Nigel Planer reprising his role as Neil, but the rest of the cast were American. It turned out though that the pilot was a flop and the series was never made.

I would love to see this pilot show. I have hunted the internet trying to find it but I've had no luck. Does anyone else know anything about this or even have a magic link to the episode or more details about it?

Def.

Well it's two years later and I'm still looking for details or footage of this pilot!

Def.

Well the internet seems to think that it was never aired, and there are no leaked versions, so the only people who would own a copy would be those who produced it. Which is Fox. I'd suggest contacting them to see if there was an online source to view it from, but I would be really surprised if you got a response from them, let alone any help :(

I found a few bits online which talked about the content of the pilot, but that's all.

It was most definitely online years ago - I'm almost certain I watched it or at least part of it. Can't remember much about it though - just that it was very strange.

Actually even as I'm typing this I'm starting to doubt myself - maybe I saw a clip on a TV show then? Hmmm

Quote: Lee Henman @ February 15 2011, 6:26 PM GMT

It was most definitely online years ago - I'm almost certain I watched it or at least part of it. Can't remember much about it though - just that it was very strange.

Actually even as I'm typing this I'm starting to doubt myself - maybe I saw a clip on a TV show then? Hmmm

What kind of witness are you? "I saw the murder, no wait it may have been a dream. Can the defendant wear a jesters hat? No? Ok..."

*wear

What? Whistling nnocently

FIEND!

Quote: Leevil @ February 15 2011, 7:10 PM GMT

What kind of witness are you? "I saw the murder, no wait it may have been a dream. Can the defendant wear a jesters hat? No? Ok..."

Heh :D

Quote: Nat Wicks @ February 15 2011, 2:07 PM GMT

I found a few bits online which talked about the content of the pilot, but that's all.

That was all I could find too.

WHY DO "THEY" MAKE IT SO DIFFICULT FOR FANS TO WATCH UNAIRED PILOTS!!! Seriously, we are after the parties responsible for making their programming a hit or a flop. This is terribly upsetting.

What did the Yanks make of the Young Ones? I've never heard any of them talking about it.

i've gone nutsy looking for this too. There's nothing around except the odd scrap of info e.g. http://www.faqs.org/faqs/tv/british-comedy/young-ones/part2/. It would never've worked - there was the US Fawlty Towers up here recently (THIRD attempt!) - but would be very intriguing...

Speaking as a 'yank' I consider the Young Ones to be my all time favourite show. It aired in the late 90's on Comedy Central to great fanfare but little appreciation. American audiences are bred on a steady diet of shit programmes and films. Most of what we see nowadays is coped from British television. Nothing original ever seems to come from the States anymore. We're more like "UK part two" than the US. (wait, isn't that why this country was founded in the first place?). : P

The Young Ones was on MTV in the late 80's and been available on DVD and VHS before that in the USA so it's certainly has a bit of a following.

I like the silliness and almost kids show feel of the thing.... and some of the bands are great to see.