Best Terry Gilliam film? Page 2

1. Brazil
2. Time Bandits
3. er, maybe Jabberwocky

The Brothers Grimm is probably the weakest, but even weak Gilliam has more wit and imagination than 99 out of 100 films released.

I used to think 'Time Bandits' was one of the best but unlike 'Brazil' it really comes across as dated.

That's probably why I like it.

For me, 12 Monkeys. I like Brazil as well, especially Michael Palin's cheery sadist, but it always feels too long to me. And I can't see Jonathan Pryce now without thinking of Clone. :(

1) Holy Grail
2) Brazil
3) 12 Monkeys

Good choice there Lee and you agree that Python filns counts as Gilliam films.

Didn't Terry Jones co-direct 'Holy Grail' though?

Quote: Nil Putters @ February 2 2009, 11:20 PM GMT

Didn't Terry Jones co-direct 'Holy Grail' though?

Probably. I dunno. He definitely had a hand in Grail, I know that.

He did. I'm sure they co-directed though, I think I saw it on a documentary filmed during the making. So that's out. ;)

As I recall, although they had equal billing as directors, most of the actual directing was done by Jones, with Gilliam concentrating on design.

Excluding Python:

Brazil (totally dark, depressing, and 1984-esque appeal)

Adventures of Baron Munchausen (wonderful imagery, beautifully shot, great tale)

Time Bandits (dated but who can't love the idea of midgets on the run through time, eh?)

I like it, as do a lot of people. It's just not in my top three. :)

I like Munchausen alot, hell I suffer from Munchausen by Proxy (I kid). But the others some how had that anarchic, post Python 80s vibe going on. I am a child of Quatro and therefore biased.
I loved 12 Monkeys because it was so damn unique and inspired.

Quote: chipolata @ February 2 2009, 10:23 AM GMT

For me, 12 Monkeys.

Probably for me too. And Brazil.

Quote: sootyj @ February 5 2009, 4:03 PM GMT

I am a child of Quatro

I thought she was a lesbian?