Till Death Us Do Part Page 5

Quote: lofthouse @ 31st August 2022, 6:47 PM

In OFAH, everyone called Uncle Albert , "Uncle Albert" ....

Not true at all.

"Your mini cab has arrived, Albert" - Boycie
"Your Uncle Albert was in here earlier" - Mike
"Try this Albert (the last time I drank something that tasted like that, I was in Egypt.." Trigger
"There won't be any naval engagements Albert" - Mike
"Albert Trotter???!" - Aunt Reenie"
"Don't you read the papers, Albert?" - Jevon

So many more, I expect.

Quote: lofthouse @ 31st August 2022, 6:47 PM

In OFAH, everyone called Uncle Albert , "Uncle Albert" ....

Quote: Tommy Griff @ 31st August 2022, 9:59 PM

Not true at all.

"Your mini cab has arrived, Albert" - Boycie
"Your Uncle Albert was in here earlier" - Mike
"Try this Albert (the last time I drank something that tasted like that, I was in Egypt.." Trigger
"There won't be any naval engagements Albert" - Mike
"Albert Trotter???!" - Aunt Reenie"
"Don't you read the papers, Albert?" - Jevon

So many more, I expect.

Good memory there! In the case of Grandad, though, I'm fairly sure I remember Denzil's wife Corrine, called Grandad "Grandad" in one episode (when she saw him coming out of a pet shop).

Quote: a plate @ 1st September 2022, 12:43 AM

Good memory there! In the case of Grandad, though, I'm fairly sure I remember Denzil's wife Corrine, called Grandad "Grandad" in one episode (when she saw him coming out of a pet shop).

Good point - so I guess it remains 50/50 whether Gran in TDUDP was anyone's specific Gran of any of the characters we know, or just 'Gran' as she was some old woman everyone knew, but didn't really know her name!

Can somebody help?

Regarding the ITV comeback 'Till Death...' which lasted one series of 6 episodes, I am trying to locate an episode. Comedy Guide and IMDB have a completely different synopsis to one another.

IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1189851/?ref_=ttep_ep1

BCG: https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/till_death/episodes/

I have the episode that BCG describe, and it isn't to be confused with an episode from the 'In Sickness & In Health' series as Dandy is mobile and doesn't look as thin.
But IMDB does not describe the episode I have at all, in any of their synopsis descriptions.

Which is correct?

Quote: Tommy Griff @ 14th September 2022, 11:57 AM

But IMDB does not describe the episode I have at all, in any of their synopsis descriptions.

Which is correct?

Surely that gives you your answer! You're actually watching an episode, not imagining it. That none of IMDb's match the evidence before your eyes is proof that it - IMDb - is a load of toss.

Our Guides are meticulously researched and cross-referenced between numerous sources, including archive-owners' information, actually watching the episodes, and referring to original TV Times etc.

Quote: Aaron @ 14th September 2022, 12:06 PM

Surely that gives you your answer! You're actually watching an episode, not imagining it. That none of IMDb's match the evidence before your eyes is proof that it - IMDb - is a load of toss.

Our Guides are meticulously researched and cross-referenced between numerous sources, including archive-owners' information, actually watching the episodes, and referring to original TV Times etc.

Ha-Ha - Well, I think what I should have said was, is there another epsiode I am missing? But I think I know the answer to that also...
But IMDBs description was so specific that it makes me think there was an unaired pilot or something?

Quote: Tommy Griff @ 14th September 2022, 2:30 PM

Ha-Ha - Well, I think what I should have said was, is there another epsiode I am missing? But I think I know the answer to that also...
But IMDBs description was so specific that it makes me think there was an unaired pilot or something?

I have double-checked and the answer is no and no.

The kind of mucky, misleading, poorly-updated information seen on IMDb is a good chunk of the reason BCG was established. I am entirely confident there's nothing for you to worry about having missed.

Being shown in the evenings on That's TV. Watched one ep till the ad break and I was amazed by what was wasn't edited out. Haven't heard words like that or the general xenophobic tone on TV for at least 30 years. If this channel can show it, it must mean the others can too, and just confirms they, especially the Uberwoke BBC would rather some of their most popular long running shows had never been made. They seem ashamed of them and don't want to go there.

Blistering performance by Warren Mitchell. Nothing like it at all now, the closest sitcom equivalent I can think of was Rab C Nesbitt which is over 30 years old itself. The dialogue (and monologue) heavy scripts back then on shows like this and Steptoe & Son were mesmeric, but then the writers and the actors had been brought up in an age of great theatre. Today, non musical theatre is dead.

Just watching the episode TV Licence with Rene Artois as a TV detector man from 1974. Bleeping out was ineffective really. Anyway still very funny.

Just watching the one where they are playing Monopoly.

Imaging spending four bloody hours playing Monopoly with that miserable old sod.

Jimmy Savile and Cyril Smith got mentions....

Watching it now, 50 years on. Arguments between Labour supporters and Conservative supporters, gibes about the economic situation, power cuts and lack of heating, unaffordability of rising food prices, concerns about Russia. I thought I was reading the I Read the News Oh Boy thread for a moment.

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose...

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 30th September 2022, 10:17 PM

Watching it now, 50 years on. Arguments between Labour supporters and Conservative supporters, gibes about the economic situation, power cuts and lack of heating, unaffordability of rising food prices, concerns about Russia. I thought I was reading the I Read the News Oh Boy thread for a moment.

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose...

and nothing changes.

Interesting one tonight with Jimmy Tarbuck and Kenny Lynch.

Also Arthur Mullard and Joan Sims plus some other familiar faces. I guess it might have been a Christmas one in black and white.

OK it was an Easter Special from 1967. "Till closing time us do part." Also Ray Barrett (whose name I forgot) and Arthur Mullard's "wife" again whose name I forgot.

They bleeped out calling Kenny Lynch a C**n but when Alf said he should up the market selling ties. Kenny says (unbleeped) "That would make me a tycoon."

Quote: Chappers @ 17th October 2022, 9:18 PM

Also Arthur Mullard and Joan Sims plus some other familiar faces. I guess it might have been a Christmas one in black and white.

OK it was an Easter Special from 1967. "Till closing time us do part." Also Ray Barrett (whose name I forgot) and Arthur Mullard's "wife" again whose name I forgot.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/till_death_us_do_part/episodes/2/11/

Quote: Chappers @ 17th October 2022, 9:18 PM

OK it was an Easter Special from 1967. "Till closing time us do part." Also Ray Barrett (whose name I forgot) and Arthur Mullard's "wife" * again whose name I forgot.

They bleeped out calling Kenny Lynch a C**n but when Alf said he should up the market selling ties. Kenny says (unbleeped) "That would make me a tycoon."

* Rita Webb.