Sitcom Trials 2009 Page 2

I'll be going along as a viewer to the 4th Feb show. See you there. Not sure what I'll be wearing, but something snappy I reckon.

Crocodile shoes? Woo! A joke!

Quote: Matthew Stott @ January 16 2009, 3:29 PM GMT

Crocodile shoes? Woo! A joke!

Tune in in 28 years time for another one.

Thanks for the votes of support. This is my first time entering any sort of writing competition and obviously I'm chuffed that my entry is on the opening night. The downside is that I'm up against some pretty strong competition.

If, by some miracle, I get through to the next round, I will of course post on here and 'Give it the big 'un.' And if by some stupendously bit of good luck, I actually make it the final finals (fingeys crossed), then I'm going to fulfil a life long dream and order a Jelly Baby the size of a real baby and chew on the back of it's head whilst watching Taggart.

If I don't get through, well, I haven't really thought that far ahead. (Not so much the power of positive thinking, more I live in my own fantasy world full of pixies, chocolate rainbows and talking badgers)

Good luck to you as well Griff and any other BSG'er in the finals.

Good luck, my man! In fact, good luck to everyone who's got something on and all the best for qualification.

Dan

Even though I'd love to win it myself, if it's not me (it could be, but I'm not expecting it to be) I hope it is won by someone else from this forum. :)

I wouldn't be surprised if all 32 finalists are BSG members, lurkers or otherwise...!

Last year's winner was a BSG-er, although he doesn't post much these days.

Quote: Griff @ January 16 2009, 8:47 PM GMT

Last year's winner was a BSG-er, although he doesn't post much these days.

Too good for us now, eh?

No not at all, it was Symon O'Hagan, he's one of the good guys. Probably doing something more constructive with his time!

I'd like to add my congrats and best wishes to all BSG'rs who are in. Hope the sitcom crown stays on the forum at least.

Wish all you entrants lots of good luck!

Guess who won't be there? Yes, sadly me. I know that's rather strange, given that The Sitcom Trials are (is?) my baby and I'm famously possessive about the show. But when the dates moved from Autumn 08 to Spring 09 I failed to notice I already had a gig booked, so Dec and Si will begin the season flying solo. Not that I contributed anything other than my presenting to their shows, but all the same I will miss it. (Though don't be surprised to find me popping up reminding everyone who owns the name, if it suddenly turns into a big hit).

There is, I have been told, an update to the voting process. But, unless they've announced it officially, I'd best leave it to Dec and Si to tell you precisely what that process is.

Enjoy.

Kev F http://sitcomtrials.co.uk

Hey Kev

You did a great job compering the heats I went to last time round, hope you manage to get along to some of the shows later this year.

Please don't let that woman do it again who said things like "that one's got no chance" when introducing the sitcoms in the second semi-final.

Good luck everybody! How did the guy who won last year progress in his career?

Pozzitive Productions (Geoff Posner) took his script to the BBC. The BBC eventually said "we liked it, but no thanks". So in one way, he's no better off, but in another, he now has a relationship with both a respected production company and with the BBC, so for his next project he is in a much better position than a new, unknown writer.