The Old Guys - Series 1 Page 15

Last night's episode was very good. Definitely it is much better than any BBC studio audience-based sitcom. I do think that the best character is Tom, mainly due to the fact that Roger Lloyd-Pack is doing a Robert Webb impression but I suppose that shouldn't really take away from its entertainment value.
Have Armstrong and Bain written any of the scripts? I know they created it but even the one liners are very Peep Showesque.

Quote: Jack Massey @ March 1 2009, 2:14 PM GMT

Are you 'Happy' with it and will you 'punch anyone who says you're not'?

I don't feel quite that passionately!

Quote: Ronnie Anderson @ March 1 2009, 4:37 PM GMT

Have Armstrong and Bain written any of the scripts? I know they created it but even the one liners are very Peep Showesque.

Yes, they wrote last night's episode in fact.

Quote: Jack Massey @ February 25 2009, 1:08 PM GMT

It is just not as bad as it was when I first heard it, it is still awful.

It's the best thing about it. Ivor Cutler is a genius. You've just got no taste!

Quote: Jack Massey @ March 1 2009, 9:46 AM GMT

Another fine episode again last night. I really like this. It is the final episode next-week, the prostitute themed one. It could have infamous written all over it. Hopefully though, it will be good, the show will come out on DVD and a second series will be commissioned. This show has really grown on me, something a BBC sitcom (with the exception of Outnumbered), has failed to do for a good few years.

And I'll be looking for any lines of mine that they've stolen.

A genius?
It's... it's, it's awwwful!
A six year old could have 'composed' it!!

Maybe he was 6 when he composed it.

Yeah, back off Ivor Cutler you bunch of...

Girls Aloud, Take That, Robbie Williams, Ronan Keating, Ting Tings, Baker Gurvitz Army loving musical lightweights.

Yeah and don't tell me you don't know who Robbie Williams is...

... you have HEARD this theme tune, right? :)

I'm sure the guy is very talented elsewhere, but, Jesus Christ.

I found the first episode really disappointing but have stuck with it because of yer men Bain & Armstong... Angry [/insightful critique]

Quote: zooo @ March 1 2009, 11:02 PM GMT

... you have HEARD this theme tune, right? :)

I'm sure the guy is very talented elsewhere, but, Jesus Christ.

Yeah.

One word - Whimsical.

:P

Well it is certainly that. :)

Ivor Cutler was brilliant. You either get him, or you don't.

Well if that theme is representational of his other work then I clearly don't.

I caught part of an episode the other day, the scene I watched wasn't funny so I switched it off again.

Am I missing out? For some reason I really do't like it.

I quite like the theme tune.

Jolly.

It's better than ruining a great Lighning Seeds song or getting Jamie Cullum to do one.

Oi! Those are great theme tunes!