Frankie Howerd Page 2

Quote: Aaron @ March 6, 2008, 11:45 PM

It's wicked to mock the afflicted.

Happy birthday Frankie, 91 today. If you were still alive. Well uhh... Woe, woe, and thrice woe! :(

William the Conqueror would be 973 - if he were still alive.

If anyone still had a life there'd be no internet.

Quote: Frankie Rage @ March 7, 2008, 8:23 PM

If anyone still had a life there'd be no internet.

Laughing out loud

Ha. I found a photo of my dad with Frankie Howerd. Awesome.
And one of them's topless!

Post it up then.

Er. Hold that thought.

My dad's in the middle. :)
Apparently everyone was black & white in the 60s.

Haha, that's cool. Your dad has quite the body, if that doesn't sound too gay?

Not too gay. Just the right amount.
I'm hoping Frankie fancied him.

That would be quite cool actually. I wish a legendary comedian fancied my dad. :(

Quote: zooo @ April 12 2008, 9:39 PM BST

Not too gay. Just the right amount.

a) F**king COOOL! How the hell did that come about?!
b) You do realise that you're now essentially giving your approval to thoughts of your own father in a sexual encounter?

Oh.

Well, never mind. *sweeps under carpet* ;)

Frankie went out to 'entertain' the troops when my dad was in the navy, dunno where. Somewhere hot I'm thinking... Put your clothes on, dad.

OH reeeeaaaaaaally? Well good on him. :)

Say what you want about Jim Davidson, but he does some excellent work for our armed forces.

I wish I could have met Frankie, and others of his calibre. :(

Quote: Aaron @ April 12 2008, 10:09 PM BST

Say what you want about Jim Davidson, but he does some excellent work for our armed forces.

He could do more. I think he'd make a great suicide bomber.

Quote: Aaron @ April 12 2008, 10:09 PM BST

I wish I could have met Frankie, and others of his calibre. :(

How about this for a double whammy? When I was 14 I was in the National Tour of the musical 'Oliver!'.

Whilst at the Bristol Hippodrome, I met Frankie when he 'came behind' to say hello to Victor Spinetti (who was playing Fagin). He did (I think) give my younger, cuter teenage body the look-over. You really had to see his wig up close to believe just how bad it was.

Curiously, whilst still at the Bristol Hippodrome, Jim Davidson also turned-up with his then wife Alison Holloway. He proceeded to get thoroughly pissed and then drove his car down Denmark Street (by the stage door). He pulled up by a parked police car, wound down his window and said to the coppers, "I'm pissed, officer, aren't you going to arrest me?" Which they did. Nick-nick!

Haha!!