Frankie Howerd

April 19th will mark the 15th anniversary of Frankie's death, and BBC Breakfast today had the first-ever interview with his partner of 36-years, Dennis Heymer.

The full interview (video), as well as supporting article, can be found here.

Titter me not.

Thoiught I'd get that in before any of the others

Too bad you confused 'ye' and 'me' then, eh? ;)

Well the 'y' and the 'm' are pretty close on the keyboard. Particularly when your as clumsy as myself.

Ha ha, ok.

Ooh, that is cruel! No, don't mock the afflicted! Oooh!

Etc.

Ooooooooohhh...

Well, today's the 15th anniversary of Frankie's death, so I think I'll stick on Up Pompeii later. I doubt his comedy is quite to the taste of many around here, but you can't deny that despite a few down-points he was a hugely successful comedian back in his day (and indeed in the early 90s). So is anyone else a fan?

See Amazon product listing [P=http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/1126188/The_Frankie_Howerd_Collection/Product.html]

Yes - I am. Of course he was well over the top but that was the appeal. Also I understand he progressed from the music halls long before TV and progressed with his own style very well.

Don't forget Great St Trinians Train Robbery.

Frankie was one of the greatest.

It's wicked to mock the afflicted.

Happy birthday Frankie, 91 today. If you were still alive. Well uhh... Woe, woe, and thrice woe! :(

91! :O

One of the rarer but very satisfying Frankie outings is 'The House In Nightmare Park', an under-rated Frankie film in which he plays the great Victorian orator, Foster Twelvetrees. It's worth watching just for the moment when he says the line, "I was giving her me Little Nell".

Is it on dvd? I think it is a very underated film, there are some wonderful pieces in there , the breakfast scene especially.

Apparently he was brilliant when he addressed the Oxford Union.

Do you mean Frankie Howerd On Campus?

Quote: Tim Walker @ March 7, 2008, 8:32 AM

One of the rarer but very satisfying Frankie outings is 'The House In Nightmare Park'

I'll have to get my hands on a copy, thanks! :)