Being Human Page 18

A bit lumpy and uneven over all, and Herrick's end was a bit of a damp squib, but a nice end to the series. And the new baddie looked pretty good. I'm trying to think of what I've seen him before but I can't place him.

Pity Mitchell's gone, mind, and let's hope series 4 doesn't turn into Three Drips and a Baby.

Quote: chipolata @ March 13 2011, 10:10 PM GMT

A bit lumpy and uneven over all, and Herrick's end was a bit of a damp squib, but a nice end to the series. And the new baddie looked pretty good. I'm trying to think of what I've seen him before but I can't place him.

He's been in quite a bit, but I always remember him from Spaced, the finger guns episode.

'Just for me and my dawg'

And the new baddie looked pretty good. I'm trying to think of what I've seen him before but I can't place him.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ March 13 2011, 10:15 PM GMT

He's been in quite a bit, but I always remember him from Spaced, the finger guns episode.

Julia says he's Sam Tyler's dad in Life On Mars also.

A bit lumpy and uneven over all, and Herrick's end was a bit of a damp squib

I liked it, I thought Herrick looked quite happy/relieved.

How can the show continue? Will they just replace Mitchell with another brooding type? Or do we just have to put up with Nina and Annie becoming more important?

I think a more imposing actor for the old one would have helped, too. More like the old guy who played the mad Vicar last year for instance.

Quote: Nil Putters @ March 13 2011, 10:25 PM GMT

Julia says he's Sam Tyler's dad in Life On Mars also.

Yes! He turned out to be a major shit in that too.

Quote: Nil Putters @ March 13 2011, 10:25 PM GMT

I liked it, I thought Herrick looked quite happy/relieved.

Oh yes, his face was good. I just thought what they did with his character in the final episode was a bit meh compared to the previous weeks evilthon. He still had the best lines, though.

Actually, why did Herrick cower before the other werewolf guy? He can tear through a house full of policemen, but one werewolf, who isn't at that time in wolf mode, and he's straight down on the floor, cowering?

Quote: Matthew Stott @ March 13 2011, 10:27 PM GMT

How can the show continue? Will they just replace Mitchell with another brooding type? Or do we just have to put up with Nina and Annie becoming more important?

Theoretically Mitchell could always come back as a ghost.

Quote: chipolata @ March 13 2011, 10:39 PM GMT

Theoretically Mitchell could always come back as a ghost.

Oh yeah, there's always a way round these things in this kind of show, but the main reason he was finally written out, is because he's off doing two Hobbit films and wouldn't be able to take part in a full series.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ March 13 2011, 10:41 PM GMT

Oh yeah, there's always a way round these things in this kind of show, but the main reason he was finally written out, is because he's off doing two Hobbit films and wouldn't be able to take part in a full series.

In that case they usually replace one character with a very similar character. Or they could bring in the vamp from Becoming Human.

Quote: chipolata @ March 13 2011, 10:45 PM GMT

In that case they usually replace one character with a very similar character. Or they could bring in the vamp from Becoming Human.

The little kid? He's not exactly Mitchell. I suppose next series will be much more George's.

It looks like next series will be werewolves and ghosts vs. vampires, so they may just leave a gap where Mitchell was.

Quote: chipolata @ March 13 2011, 10:59 PM GMT

It looks like next series will be werewolves and ghosts vs. vampires, so they may just leave a gap where Mitchell was.

I suppose Annie will develop these extra powers that were talked about, so she can protect George and Nina, as otherwise, without Mitchell, you would imagine they would end up dead pretty quick if they're trying to fight the vamps. I wouldn't be surprised if Robson Green's wolf son became a regular and moved in.

Robson Green's son never did much for me.

Quote: chipolata @ March 13 2011, 10:59 PM GMT

Perhaps Nancy will be encouraged to fill in as I can't see it going too far with the current trio. Still, it was the best thing on on Sunday nights by a long streak.

Fourth series confirmed:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s116/being-human/news/a308857/being-human-lands-fourth-series.html

Quote: chipolata @ March 14 2011, 9:09 AM GMT

Robson Green's son never did much for me.

Bit too dopey; Robson Green himself was very good, though; shame his characters dead.