Best Ever Christmas Movie...? Page 8

Here's another vote for It's a Wonderful Life.

And what yopu have to remember when the town is full of bars and clubs that was the equivilent of a town today being turned into Blackpool on a stag and hen night convention weekend.

Quote: oldcowgrazing @ December 14 2008, 7:48 PM GMT

The Little Match Girl.

Lovely story, but God it's sad.

Just like The Snowman
The Selfish Giant

and

Quote: Marnie @ December 14 2008, 8:18 PM GMT

A film that always seemed to be on at Christmas when I was a kid was 'The Happy Prince'. Not a happy film - lumpy-in-the-throaty, but not happy.

"Tonight I fly to Eygpt!" Teary

Another one that reduces - old cynical me - to tears.

Most versions of A Christmas Carol are good. Even the muppet one.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ December 15 2008, 4:56 PM GMT

Your mothers wake?

I'll buy that for a dollar.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ December 15 2008, 5:06 PM GMT

Most versions of A Christmas Carol are good. Even the muppet one.

Yea I really like the Muppet one. I like the Disney one too.

Scrooge McDuck was perfect!

Quote: Aaron @ December 15 2008, 5:00 PM GMT

No. Not necessarily.

Feel free to elaborate...

Your ISP may provide it at no extra charge.

Quote: Aaron @ December 15 2008, 6:26 PM GMT

Your ISP may provide it at no extra charge.

But...but it's illegal isn't it?? :S

No. The internet isn't illegal. You can do illegal things with it. But it's not illegal.

Lethal Weapon.

Muppet Christmas Carol. It's got muppets in it. And Michael Caine.
Miracle on 34th Street. 'In God we Trust'. Ahhh. So slushy you just gotta piss yourself. And Dicky 'fetch us tea luvvie' Attenborough.

Oh yes 'Its' Bukkake Time in the Grotto'. Lots of white stuff flinging about in that.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ December 15 2008, 4:56 PM GMT

Your mothers wake?

Stop, or there will be... trouble.

Quote: roscoff @ December 15 2008, 8:17 PM GMT

Oh yes 'Its' Bukkake Time in the Grotto'. Lots of white stuff flinging about in that.

Laughing out loud

Quote: chipolata @ December 15 2008, 4:55 PM GMT

That's why it's a great movie, because you can read so much into it. Also, just because he's seen what the world would have been like without him, doesn't mean that exactly the same peroblems that drove him to suicide won't be there the next day.

Exactly, Chip. It's one of the most downbeat feel-good films ever. They all end up the film feeling happy on the outside, but tomorrow they are in a big pile of shit... but (again), at least it's their own shit. I think it's the same reason I love the Wizard of Oz - there's a great joy about Dorothy getting home but actually she was much better off up there in doo-lally world. It's no accident she ends up back in black and white!

Quote: Griff @ December 15 2008, 4:53 PM GMT

I have a fundamental problem with It's A Wonderful Life.

When they show James Stewart how his little town would have been if he hadn't existed, it's suddenly full of nightclubs and bars and loose women and gambling and it just looks f**king fantastic. From that point on, you want him to jump.

Laughing out loud

Just watched the first 30 minutes of FRED CLAUSE - it's friggin unwatchable.

-A Christmas Carol- with Alistair Sim